Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: YAY! whose planning for a vbac!?

1. I will if we are blessed w/ another baby.

2. I have had 9 VBACs, all at home. Yes, they were successful

3. No.

4. Not really.

5. Home as usual.

6. At home, so of course, no other option.

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
g-offsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunsdiapers View Post
5. Will it be at home or hospital? Home with a cerified nurse midwife ( completely legal in NC, if you have just a nurse midwife its illegal for them but not for you, you can't get in any trouble for birthing at home, the reason nurse midwife cannot deliver babies at all hospital or home legally is because NC will not give them a license to practice....just FYI, so you know the facts :-) ) the hospital is 15 min away so if need be I could get to the hospital in time, however coastal NC is not Vbac friendly at all and tries to pressure women into repeat sections all around the area, not a friendly vbac environment so home just makes more sense with a medical professional.
Well yes, I did know this and should have clarified so in my post, I was just being lazy. HB isn't a viable option for us for other reasons.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #13
fluffybunsdiapers
Registered Users
Formerly: paulzangel
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-offsmommy

Well yes, I did know this and should have clarified so in my post, I was just being lazy. HB isn't a viable option for us for other reasons.
That's fine, its whatever you are comfortable with Mama, just wanted to make sure you knew it was a legal option, as well as others, I know many around here truly think ot is illegal to have a hb.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

1.) Yes, I'm not pregnant or TTC, but I want to learn as much as possible for when the time comes. My first c-section was due to failure to progress (aka, I gave up and doctor okayed it). I had a 9lbs 10oz baby and after 17 hours of terrible unmedicated back labor I had an epi, tried to sleep because the I could feel horrible pressure still.. opt for the c-section. Rough recover, don't want another c-section.

2.) No, only one prior C-section.

3.) Doubts, yes. I think my husband will pressure me into a repeat csection.

4.) Nope, not at all. I know my body is capable of pushing a baby on out, but next time I pray for no back labor.

5) Hospital. Had a had a prior vaginal birth I would consider HB, but not for a VBAC. 6. Are you planning to go natural?[/COLOR][/B]

6) I'll be open to drugs/epi if it means no c-section. I do however, plan on a natural childbirth.

Last edited by Kabuki24; 04-30-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Kabuki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1. Are you planning a VBAC?

YES

2. Have you have a VBAC before? If so, was it successful?

nope. never had a VBAC before..

3. Do you ever have doubts about a VBAC?

nope. did it once naturally no issues. can do it again.

4. Are you scared, excited, anxious, nervous, skeptical or all of the above thinking about your VBAC?

scared and excited. last birth was a emergency one, as she was breech, possibly footling, and my mama instinct said something was wrong. so e-c-section it was!

5. Will it be at home or hospital?

hospital. all my births are hospital.

6. Are you planning to go natural?

ALWAYS i hate the feeling of medication inside my body when in labour. i need to know what my body feels like.
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

curse of the double post struck me!

Last edited by DillyDay; 04-30-2012 at 12:09 PM.
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
Djrose
Registered Users
Formerly: Xains Mommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

1. Are you planning a VBAC? Yes

2. Have you have a VBAC before? If so, was it successful? No 1st attempt

3. Do you ever have doubts about a VBAC? Yes, Im worried I may end up with a dr on call that isnt vbac friendly

4. Are you scared, excited, anxious, nervous, skeptical or all of the above thinking about your VBAC? Probably all. Im scared of having the same labor as my 1st which was 28hrs high blood pressure and ended with a bad infection which resulted in a c-section and to weak to hold my baby boy, Excited that so far everything has been going perfectly, anxious as my time is growing close! Nervous because Im not sure what to expect and skeptical b/c im worried my very supportive dr wont be there when i go into labor and will end up with a dr that wont be supportive.

5. Will it be at home or hospital? Hospital. Husband is fully supportive with the vbac his only request was it be at the hospital so I said ok... this time

6. Are you planning to go natural? Yes and we have a doula for support. I went 13 hrs on strict bedrest with 6 of those hours being on the highest dose of pitocin last time.. I feel like if I could get through it that long without being able to do anything to deal with the pain other then breath, & talk myself through it I can do it this time since I am (hopefully) free to be up and moving about and no pitocin I can get through it!
Djrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #18
oldandnew
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

1. Are you planning a VBAC? Yes

2. Have you have a VBAC before? If so, was it successful? No 1st attempt

3. Do you ever have doubts about a VBAC? only in the sense of worrying about the scar tissue and issues there.

4. Are you scared, excited, anxious, nervous, skeptical or all of the above thinking about your VBAC? all of the above! I'm scared/nervous because I didn't experience true labor with DS since he was so early. I'm more worried about having to do a repeat CS since I am allergic to the good pain meds it made that first day of the surgery really tough.

5. Will it be at home or hospital? Hospital.

6. Are you planning to go natural? I'm looking into hypnobabies. I want to go as long as possible with no epidural, but I am not against having to do it again if I can't handle it.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
Momoftatertots6912
Registered Users

1. Are you planning a VBAC?
yes

2. Have you have a VBAC before? If so, was it successful?
yes, after 11 hours in labor my baby born was born with just 2 pushes to a shocked dr that had been doubting my ability.

3. Do you ever have doubts about a VBAC?
Last time yes, this time nope.
4. Are you scared, excited, anxious, nervous, skeptical or all of the above thinking about your VBAC?
I am very excited about my VBAC.

5. Will it be at home or hospital?
hospital

6. Are you planning to go natural?
Natural

Katie, wife to Rob my Army Man, mommy of Joshua (5), Clayton (3), and Virginia born 6/8/12.
Momoftatertots6912 is offline   Reply With Quote