Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
formerlybailey's Avatar
formerlybailey
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 206
I can't attest to the simplex but I has the workhorses in newborn and small. I had a 9 lb, 6 ounce girl with bigger thighs. I could squeeze her in the newborns. Once her cord fell off the smalls fit perfectly. I had this problem with all newborn diapers though, to get a good fit in her thighs they would gape at her waist. We switched to BG smalls and our one size diapers as soon as we cord fell off.

Advertisement

formerlybailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
bluemoonbutterfly's Avatar
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,718
My Mood:
Re: GMD workhorse fitted or swaddlebees NB simplex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley'sMomma View Post
Not to complicate (lol) but gmd also has an "infant fitted" that fits the same weight range as the newborn and small workhorses. I already had the newborn and small when I found out about them so no experience with the infant fitteds. But I do like the workhorses... And at only $5 for the newborn size I wasn't able to rationalize the swaddlebees.
I totally overbought for the newbie due in June and I had some of the infant fitteds as well as the newborn and small workhorse. I needed some funds so I decided to sell the infant fitteds and keep the workhorse. I like the idea of snaps over aplix. Also in order to make the infant fitteds fit a smaller newborn they have to be folded under in the front. This explains it a little better. http://greenmountaindiapers.com/infantfitted.htm
__________________
Jamie wife to Robert SAHM to Jenna 2/18/02 , Lilli 2/23/07 , Kimber 11/2/09 and Vincent 6/20/2012
bluemoonbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
Saebbe's Avatar
Saebbe
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Small town Arizona
Posts: 663
My Mood:
Re: GMD workhorse fitted or swaddlebees NB simplex?

I would recommend the smalls if you have larger babies you can fold them down and use a snappi, they are also more absorbent. If you have smaller babies you if get the ones without the snaps you can use them a little bit longer. I would buy a few of each honestly. They are fabulous dipes.
__________________
Nurse Practitioner (LFNP), loving her crazy husband,
Momma to
Stryder Entropy, Miss Accalia Siobhan
Emeline Claire
Saebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #14
sprout47's Avatar
sprout47
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 119
Re: GMD workhorse fitted or swaddlebees NB simplex?

I bought 2 dozen infant GMD prefolds and 6 infant workhorse diapers for my baby due this August. Once he's big enough, we'll put him in the one size diapers I have waiting. I was considering getting smalls so they'd last longer, but after many recommendations here, the infant sizes make sense. Once he'll be big enough for the smalls, he would pretty much fit into our one size diapers anyways.
sprout47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #15
cyanotype's Avatar
cyanotype
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 433
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink84

Good to know! My last son was 8lbs even. What was your son? Will I need the NB, small, or both sizes???
He was 7lbs 7 oz at birth. I used the NB workhorses until he grew out of them, around 9lbs and the smalls for awhile. They are suppose to fit until 15lbs. I started to prefer our BG AIOs and 4.0s around then so I switched. :P
I had the snapless ones. I found I got a better fit with those.

My phone thinks it smarter than me. Please pardon any mistakes.

Last edited by cyanotype; 04-27-2012 at 05:01 AM.
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #16
Pink84's Avatar
Pink84
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 328
Re: GMD workhorse fitted or swaddlebees NB simplex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley'sMomma View Post
Not to complicate (lol) but gmd also has an "infant fitted" that fits the same weight range as the newborn and small workhorses. I already had the newborn and small when I found out about them so no experience with the infant fitteds. But I do like the workhorses... And at only $5 for the newborn size I wasn't able to rationalize the swaddlebees.
I got something from a Mama on here when I bought some prefolds from her. They don't have any tags or size on them. After reading so many other NB threads, I think its something GMD, but not sure what. Its all white and has snaps. Do you think its the same thing? I just need to look for it on GMD website to find out.
Pink84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #17
Pink84's Avatar
Pink84
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 328
Re: GMD workhorse fitted or swaddlebees NB simplex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout47 View Post
I bought 2 dozen infant GMD prefolds and 6 infant workhorse diapers for my baby due this August. Once he's big enough, we'll put him in the one size diapers I have waiting. I was considering getting smalls so they'd last longer, but after many recommendations here, the infant sizes make sense. Once he'll be big enough for the smalls, he would pretty much fit into our one size diapers anyways.
Thank you...that was my next question!
Pink84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #18
Pink84's Avatar
Pink84
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 328
Re: GMD workhorse fitted or swaddlebees NB simplex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanotype View Post
He was 7lbs 7 oz at birth. I used the NB workhorses until he grew out of them, around 9lbs and the smalls for awhile. They are suppose to fit until 15lbs. I started to prefer our BG AIOs and 4.0s around then so I switched. :P
I had the snapless ones. I found I got a better fit with those.

My phone thinks it smarter than me. Please pardon any mistakes.
Thanks! I am definitely leaning towards the snapless ones
Pink84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.