Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #61
Amaggiepie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Polyamory and TTC...

Love this thread and congrats! I'm a few weeks behind you, due Nov 7 with #3 also. Also a surprise bean. DF is not poly, but I'm poly friendly and would be open to being in a poly relationship if it was something he was comfortable with--we've talked a few times and he just can't handle sharing, even with another woman. It's great to hear about alternative families making things work. How are you feeling now that you're 12 weeks?

Advertisement

Amaggiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #62
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think things are looking up a bit. I still have no appetite, and eating is a chore. I feel tired and sluggish in ways I have not with either of my boys. Today, tho, I did some sewing for my etsy shop and that was really nice.

Our kids are really close in age. my oldest was born 11/07, then the youngest is 07/10, and the new one will be 10/12, only a week before yours. crazy!

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #63
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sent you a PM. Exciting things going on here. anyway, I was just thinking of you today! Talk to you soon.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #64
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

you women are just so amazing and inspiring! I always thought my lifestyle was just very non-traditional in general. i've been a lot of places, lived many different lifestyles, and to be honest all of that is a huge part of who i am and how i live. my SO is a drummer of a band, and very into an excessive sexual lifestyle, he says he sees no need for attachment with sex, for him sex is just sex and he wants an open relationship to explore that side of himself. for me, sex always means something important and if I am involved with someone else sexually it is most likely because there is an emotional relationship there. he says he considers the emotional aspect cheating, and i consider the multiple sex partners cheating. i might be okay with an open relationship if he was okay with me having multiple relationships. it would never be a fair relationship otherwise do you think? since i am not the type of person to just have open sexual intimacy with numerous partners, i would need to be free to have an open relationship that was how i felt comfortable. we're still talking about it though, and LO is only 11 weeks and we've only been together since January 2011 (before that I was engaged for three years in California).

i am wowed by all of you women who have made your relationships work and i hope that i can take some cues from you and work through the interesting twists a non traditional relationship has. we are also considering having my name changed to his last name even though we are not married (we don't want to marry until around age 30 or so) so that is also a thing i dont know if many people do or how our parents would feel.
yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #65
PamPurrsDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hubby is mono, I am poly at heart. His thing is he wants a unicorn....for us to find the 3rd point of our triangle and for all of us to be in a single relationship, instead of branches. I don't see it ever happening, since our tastes in women are SOOO different, but we shall see :giggles: We are 24/7 M/s though, so TOTALLY open to non-traditional.

Advertising available as low as $2.08 per month. DS Mamas get FREE banner upgrade.
PamPurrsDiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #66
tcat160
Registered Users

I know nothing of poly except the tiny bit I've read about on different sites and such, but I wanted to say that the way you and your DH and SO have handled your situation really impressed me. In my own life people start divorce proceedings and then start dating and living together before the divorce is even final. I think it's great and a great idea that you are all willing to wait 6 mos after the divorce is final to "officially" be with SO. I like reading about non-trad families because I would love to be in a non-trad relationship myself. That's not ever going to happen, but I'm very glad that you shared some of your life with us. Congrats on your newest LO! It's a bummer being preg in the summer, I know. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and all of yours for a happy and safe delivery. =) HUGS!
Mommy to my sweet rose and my hunky monkey and my lucky little man Wife to my #1 guy
tcat160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #67
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haven't heard from you in a while - how are you?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #68
jjgammon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You are legally married to your DH? Because in most (if not all) states any child you have while married to him will be legally his, even if everyone knows it's SO's child... Just a thought for the thinking... I believe the law is called "Presumption of Paternity". It was created (before DNA testing) to protect women & children from jerks who would just dump them & swear it's not his kid.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything... I love how secure & happy you seem in your relationships & I don't want it to all be ruined for you.
My ISO/IHA thread
jjgammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #69
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Things are going well here, thanks for asking. I'm at 18 weeks and waiting impatiently for this baby (for the pregnancy to be over). I'm not getting to see SO very often and It;s wearing on me emotionally, since he misses me so much as well. (finances keep me here, and custody issues are keeping him there for now. DH is working a lot, but when he's home he's very supportive. I miss him a lot lately as well, since he drives a truck and is pretty much gone from thursday to tuesday.

The boys are doing well, and the baby is getting excited about the new baby. I am starting to, but since i wasn't really ready to have this baby its harder for me to get excited about it yet. I'm working on my stash tho, which is helping.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #70
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgammon View Post
You are legally married to your DH?
Yep. and we know about the law, We got legally married to avoid issues with future children.
Thanks for thinking of us. SO is aware of the law and knows how it would be as well, which (after his divorce) is better for all of us.