Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
ufgatorgirl06
Registered Users

Re: first time preggo gifts

Love the idea of a gift basket filled with things. Preggy Pops, saltines or even sour patch kids (those were great for my M/S), a gift certificate for a prenatal massage, a tub of Burt Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter, oh and The Belly Book if you're looking for a pregnancy journal, I love mine!

Advertisement

ufgatorgirl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #12
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

The books Expecting 411 and Baby 411. Love them both. Written conversationally and easy to reference. Easy to flag sections for Dad as well. This is my fave gift to give.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
lifeabroad
Registered Users

I agree with all the "munchie" ideas for keeping sickness at bay. I also LOVED that my SIL always sent me a new piece of maternity clothing. It was just a nice thought. A nice pedicure is also a great option for her to use down the road (and more affordable if you can't do the prenatal massage).
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #14
Ericagreen2116
Banned

I bought myself the belly book off amazon shortly after I got preggo, that would be something fun for her to fill out if she is feeling yucky. I loved ginger snap cookies (the ones shaped like flowers lol I don't know the name of them), gator aide, and those puffy animal crackers...I was sick every day and all that helped. Hope that's some more ideas :0) your such a good friend doing that for her!
Ericagreen2116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This won't help her with feeling sick, but I think an apron is a super helpful preggo tool! I'm always dropping stuff on my belly, and if I don't wear an apron to cook (and sometimes eat, lol) my clothes certainly suffer!