Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #71
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
for you ladies!

Siri probably wrote this!

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #72
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Who else is in the 2ww? Need some buddies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Okay well, my test from this morning looked like there was a faint line after about 10 minutes. Evap? Anyways, I rush to Walmart and bought some digis and I got a BFP. Then I took another $1 test and it was negative. Is the digi right or wrong? I want to scream!

From this morning. The faintest line ever!
Attachment 102961

From 5 minutes ago.
Attachment 102962

Siri probably wrote this!
Congrats Tina . I'd trust the digi...I was getting bfns w/ the same cheapies but got a clear bfp w/ a FRER around 11/12 DPO. But, you know, test again just to be sure. And maybe one more after that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis514 View Post
((Hugs)). I am right there with you, mama! This is my first IUI cycle but I already had 4 unmonitored clomid cycles and since we have no fertility insurance, I have dropped over $2000 on this one cycle already We plan to do 2 more cycles but after that, we are out of money completely. I can't afford to do injectables or IVF!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
this is our 4th iui, we did 2 w/clomid and this is our 2nd w/injectables. Can't afford ivf right now either I'm not sure if we will do another iui if this doesn't work or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82 View Post
Hang in there Amy. Take it one day at a time...hourly if you have too. Don't let yourself get fully upset until you know for SURE. It's still early.

My doctor moves people to IvF after 4 cycles but I know others have done more than 4 with their doctors and ended up pregnant. I pray you won't even need to think about IVF. (me too!)
Sorry to crash ladies...Jacquelinemarie, it was me that was talking to you about the # of IUI cycles on here recently. For the other IUI ladies, DP got pg w/ a sticky bean on cycle #5. I just got a bfp after #3 (1 unmedicated, 2 w/ injectibles), & we're hoping it sticks, but it's still early & no guarantees. I'd probably do as many as 6 IUIs, but that's b/c that's what my ins. will cover. As I had told J, some docs, mine in particular, will do more than the 4 IUIs...he'd probably keep going until you were ready to stop. Also, since it sounds like you're paying OOP for meds, are you accessing a specialty pharmacy or getting a good deal? I do have insurance, so I don't know exactly what the breakdown would be, but Freedom Fertility, which I've been using, has a special pricing schedule for self-pay clients...I can't remember which, but one of the meds my Dr prescribed was cheaper for a self-pay client than my insurance co-pay for the med. Also, yes, IVF is costly, but there are grants out there (heck there may be grants for the IUI meds, I haven't looked) & I suspect my Dr is not alone in doing discounts & (interest free) financing. Not that that's the way anybody wants to go, but there are ways to make it more reachable, KWIM?

ETA: And my office does a med donation program--maybe you could access something similar? Like, if this bean sticks (fx), I will have 2.5 Gonal F pens & a nearly full vial of Lupron...even if I were planning to have another, it would expire before then, but it's bought, paid for, & shipped...someone might as well benefit from it, KWIM? They didn't have that (at our dr when DP got pg, so I still have 2 expired boxes of Lupron up in the back of the closet b/c she didn't know what to do w/ them; it just seems like a waste.

And since you are in the 2WW, I hope you get your bfps in the next few days & can totally ignore everything I just typed!

Last edited by carriek38; 04-27-2012 at 09:15 PM.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #73
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Congrats Tina . I'd trust the digi...I was getting bfns w/ the same cheapies but got a clear bfp w/ a FRER around 11/12 DPO. But, you know, test again just to be sure. And maybe one more after that .

Sorry to crash ladies...Jacquelinemarie, it was me that was talking to you about the # of IUI cycles on here recently. For the other IUI ladies, DP got pg w/ a sticky bean on cycle #5. I just got a bfp after #3 (1 unmedicated, 2 w/ injectibles), & we're hoping it sticks, but it's still early & no guarantees. I'd probably do as many as 6 IUIs, but that's b/c that's what my ins. will cover. As I had told J, some docs, mine in particular, will do more than the 4 IUIs...he'd probably keep going until you were ready to stop. Also, since it sounds like you're paying OOP for meds, are you accessing a specialty pharmacy or getting a good deal? I do have insurance, so I don't know exactly what the breakdown would be, but Freedom Fertility, which I've been using, has a special pricing schedule for self-pay clients...I can't remember which, but one of the meds my Dr prescribed was cheaper for a self-pay client than my insurance co-pay for the med. Also, yes, IVF is costly, but there are grants out there (heck there may be grants for the IUI meds, I haven't looked) & I suspect my Dr is not alone in doing discounts & (interest free) financing. Not that that's the way anybody wants to go, but there are ways to make it more reachable, KWIM?

ETA: And my office does a med donation program--maybe you could access something similar? Like, if this bean sticks (fx), I will have 2.5 Gonal F pens & a nearly full vial of Lupron...even if I were planning to have another, it would expire before then, but it's bought, paid for, & shipped...someone might as well benefit from it, KWIM? They didn't have that (at our dr when DP got pg, so I still have 2 expired boxes of Lupron up in the back of the closet b/c she didn't know what to do w/ them; it just seems like a waste.

And since you are in the 2WW, I hope you get your bfps in the next few days & can totally ignore everything I just typed!
My dr. generally does 3 IUIs on the same protocol, so I know their recommendation is to do one more injectable IUI after this before moving on. Right now I'm leaning toward doing another injectible IUI in June and then mini IVF either in August or next June depending on finance. So if you don't end up needing the Gonal-F...

All of the grants I've seen for IVF don't really apply to secondary infertility, but the 'mini IVF' is about 6500 including meds. Its a lot but it is doable to us, especially if I take on extra tutoring and things at work. Its just scary to put that much money into something that may or may not work.I hope we get our BFPs too, but we'll see. Hearing that your DP got hers after 5 IUIs makes me feel better. Sometimes I think that since we've been through so many already we have no hope! And huge congrats on your BFP!
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #74
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post

My MD office had a donation thing too cause I had tons of injectibles left over when I did mine years ago (luckily i had one of the rare insurances that paid for injectibles) so I donated all mine when I got prego.

I know you can do more then 4 IUI with some doctors. I did about 6 with mine and that was after the clomid by itself and all that. It turned out that wasn't the key for me though so no happy ending through IUI for me

My sister did get prego doing IUI twice though. SHe had to do quite a few cycles for both pregnancies as well. I don't remember how many.

but then I discovered my magic combo of Glucophage and clomid and had 3 babies back to back and was so much cheaper. Wish I would have figured that out before going through the 4 years of fertility, injectibles, etc but I have lots of healthy babies in the end so no complaints here!

to all waiting for BFP and don't give up hope, if no AF there's still a chance!

Last edited by 812ajack; 04-28-2012 at 12:47 PM.
812ajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #75
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack

My MD office had a donation thing too cause I had tons of injectibles left over when I did mine years ago (luckily i had one of the rare insurances that paid for injectibles) so I donated all mine when I got prego.

I know you can do more then 4 IUI with some doctors. I did about 6 with mine and that was after the clomid by itself and all that. It turned out that wasn't the key for me though so no happy ending through IUI for me

My sister did get prego doing IUI twice though. SHe had to do quite a few cycles for both pregnancies as well. I don't remember how many.

but then I discovered my magic combo of Glucophage and clomid and had 3 babies back to back and was so much cheaper. Wish I would have figured that out before going through the 4 years of fertility, injectibles, etc but I have lots of healthy babies in the end so no complaints here!

to all waiting for BFP and don't give up hope, if no AF there's still a chance!
Burying in here, sorry! But what is glucophage? Can u tell me more about it?
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #76
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddalena View Post
Burying in here, sorry! But what is glucophage? Can u tell me more about it?
It's actually a drug to treat diabetes but it also can work if you have PCOS and I've heard MD's using for other fertility issues as well. My fertility MD didn't even tell me about it just kept having me do injectibles and other things. I read about it online and told my MD I wanted to try it and he said he didn't want me to cause he didn't think it would work. So I went to a different MD and told him I was wanting to try it. He said he didn't think it would work either but was willing to let me try. I got PG the 1st month but MC (chemical pregnancy) but then tried again 2 months later (he emade me wait since the MC and got PG the 1st cycle! Had my next 2 babies the 1st try the same way! The last 2 were surprises since my MD said I could never have kids w/out some sort of fertility but now they are all convince that my PCOS has reversed itself since I'm now cycling normal!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #77
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

DP

Last edited by 812ajack; 04-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.
812ajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #78
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Eeekkksss! I really need tomorrow morning to come so I can TEST! I will be 9po.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #79
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack

It's actually a drug to treat diabetes but it also can work if you have PCOS and I've heard MD's using for other fertility issues as well. My fertility MD didn't even tell me about it just kept having me do injectibles and other things. I read about it online and told my MD I wanted to try it and he said he didn't want me to cause he didn't think it would work. So I went to a different MD and told him I was wanting to try it. He said he didn't think it would work either but was willing to let me try. I got PG the 1st month but MC (chemical pregnancy) but then tried again 2 months later (he emade me wait since the MC and got PG the 1st cycle! Had my next 2 babies the 1st try the same way! The last 2 were surprises since my MD said I could never have kids w/out some sort of fertility but now they are all convince that my PCOS has reversed itself since I'm now cycling normal!
Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, DP needed more meds & monitoring than I did b/c of her PCOS. Metformin worked well for her, but it still took her over a year to do the 5 IUIs b/c she kept getting big cysts & they were using bcp to regulate her between IUIs & all kinds of crazy stuff.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #80
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

carriek38, what did they do about the cysts? Just let them go away on their own? I have a big one right now.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote