Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We were almost going to move to undies. Not sure what to do now. :(

So, I did EC off and on with DS since he was about six weeks old. It worked out decently for us. He's in pull-ups now, and for the past several months, he had been dry at night, dry for naps, would wait and go potty when we take him, etc.

The past couple of weeks, though, I don't know what's been going on. We'll go through about 7 pull-ups by lunchtime, no matter how often I take him. He does NOT tell me when he needs to go, or that he's already gone (neither kid ever did either of those things), but if his pull-up his dry (and sometimes when it's wet) when I take him to the potty, he'll squeeze some out, even if it's just a little bit. Most of his poops are in the potty, but we have maybe 1-2 misses a week with that. He doesn't tell me when he needs to poop, either, I just get lucky.

I don't know what to do. We live in a yardless apartment so I hesitate to put him straight into undies (partly b/c we're moving in two months and I don't want him to get all confused w/ the move) and have him invariably pee all over everything, with me running behind him with a bottle of vinegar and a prefold. Our whole apartment is carpet except for the tiny kitchen and tiny bathroom.

Earlier this year, I would have thought FOR SURE he'd be potty independent before the next baby came, but now that I have a "deadline," I don't think it's going to happen. And going through 7-10 pullups on some days is just NOT working out with our budget. :/ And another reason I don't want to put him straight in undies is I can't keep up with the laundry as it is, and don't want to add more to it.

I'm hoping this is just some sort of potty strike and ANY DAY now, he'll be back to normal.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: We were almost going to move to undies. Not sure what to do now. :(

How old is he?
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

He is 30 months.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you think u might be distracted (and/or maybe he senses this) since u r getting ready to move? Can you do cloth dipes instead of pull ups to save some $$??