Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #121
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

-That I'm younger than I am. I'm really petite and I know I look young. I was so self-conscious the last month of my pregnancy because of it. I felt like people were always staring at me

-That DH and I have the perfect marriage. We do have a good marriage, most of the time, but it is a far cry from perfect

-that I must have so much free time because I'm a SAHM. It's never other moms that think this, but friends without children. It drives me crazy sometimes because people will ask me to do things that I don't have the time to do, and they seem offended when I say no. I'm not being lazy! Just busy.

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #122
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm 25, but everyone seems to think I'm in high school. I may be itty bitty but that doesn't mean I'm so young! People must be really confused since DH is 35 and looks more his age than I do.

Last edited by erkelly; 04-28-2012 at 09:41 PM.
erkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #123
ariandsofiesmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What's a Common Misconception People Have of You?

That I am younger than I actually am! LOL!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #124
Frizabeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That I'm a huge stoner. I live a pretty crunchy lifestyle, work at a hippie type place, go to concerts, have a more laid back style. I feel like everyone just assumes I get high all the time- which is not true at all. At least once a week someone asks if I want to get high. I have no problem With people smoking at all but I haven't in years an have no plans to in my future. But I just can't shake that image, but I dont try real hard either.
Frizabeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #125
mrsrozberry
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATTYBATSMOM
The big one I get is the question people will sometimes boldly ask me when they hear me talk, "Where were you born?" or "What country are you from?" Funny you ask, I was born and raised in WI my whole life. lol But I sound like I have an accent due to my hearing loss and speech impediment. Thankfully I don't sound worse than that but yeah, people do very quickly tend to assume that I was not from the US at all.

Not sure about other assumptions though I can guess some.
Omg I get this all the time for the same reason. One guy asked me if I was sure that im from FL because I had an accent. :/ like no dude I have no idea where I'm from. Smh

Last edited by mrsrozberry; 04-29-2012 at 07:44 AM.
mrsrozberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #126
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATTYBATSMOM View Post
The big one I get is the question people will sometimes boldly ask me when they hear me talk, "Where were you born?" or "What country are you from?" Funny you ask, I was born and raised in WI my whole life. lol But I sound like I have an accent due to my hearing loss and speech impediment. Thankfully I don't sound worse than that but yeah, people do very quickly tend to assume that I was not from the US at all.

Not sure about other assumptions though I can guess some.
Im guilty of that. we were up in Kenosha visiting dh's mom's family and his cousin's husband had such a thick unusual accent i could barely understand him. turns out he is a WI native. i thought maybe he was Scandinavian or something
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #127
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I grew up in a very wealthy town but lived in an apt the whole time. Nothing wrong with that (my dad died when I was 5 & my mom wanted to stay in that town where she grew up for the excellent public schools), but when people hear that's where I grew up, they assume I must be wealthy & a snob. We are not wealthy & I'm not a snob.

I am 36 but I do look quite a bit younger & people are shocked to hear that I have an 18 year old & she is my oldest of 4 and then to top it off, I'm a grandmother. I am thin & people assume that someone with 4 children would be heavier.
They assume I am in my 20's & assume my 2 year old is my first not my last. People always try to give me parenting advice when I'm out with my little guy, thinking I'm a first time mom. My kids are 2, 9, 12 & 18.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #128
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That I am younger than I really am,That I am not the type to have tattoos,curse,socially drink,dress sexy on the weekends,etc.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #129
___Krystal_
Registered Users

My Mood:

People always think I'm between 18-21. They are surprised when I say I'm 26, but they can think that if they really want. It will be awesome when I'm actually older and they think I'm younger hahah.

I Blog follow my daily life as a SAHM. I Earn Free Amazon GC With Swagbucks
___Krystal_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #130
robinology
Registered Users
seller

For some reason everyone assumes I am... well, a "female dog". I've also been told like I seem like I'm better than everyone else and I'm "too good" for everyone. I honestly have no idea where this comes from. Maybe because I'm a quiet, reserved person? I usually don't talk if I have nothing important to say and I also tend to stay to myself if I'm uncomfortable. Oh well! Their loss!

TTC #1!
Swag with me!
robinology is offline   Reply With Quote