Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
schmora15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Shipping question

I have 24 orange edge GMD prefolds. What would be the best way to ship? I haven't listed yet, wanted to figure this out first so I can list ppd. Thanks!

Advertisement

schmora15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: Shipping question

Not sure how bulky these are (haven't used that brand) but I'd try to squeeze as MANY as possible into a padded flat rate priority envelope. Maybe you can get enough in there that you can send the remainder in a separate polymailer first-class. Then your total shipping on the two packages would be $8.50 or less.

Or you can send them in a medium flat rate box for $10.85.

All assuming you use paypal shipping.
expaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
schmora15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!!
schmora15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

24 gmd orange edge will NOT fit in a padded plat rate...you might could get 4-6 in there and they are known for bursting when stuffed. They wont' fit in a medium flat rate either. 12 would, but not 24. They may all fit in a large flat rate, but that's going to cost more than just calculating. Get the weight, put it in the listing, and say "$x plus shipping, weight is x amount" (FYI- i have 12 yellow edge here, and they all just barely fit in the medium flat rate and they are the next size up to yellow.)

The cheapest way to ship, is going to be to get the buyers zipcode and calculate. Depending on how close they are to you will determine cost- and try to send priority (usually is cheaper- i recently sent a 3lbs 14oz package to someone not too far away for less than $6, but if it was going cross country it'd have cost a lot more)

Last edited by tygr2410; 04-29-2012 at 12:02 PM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was able to fit 12 in a small regional rate box (have to order from USPS online and they are free) and for sure could have fit 24 in a medium flat rate box. Just get a few boxes from the PO and see what you can do.

tygr2410 - Orange edge is the newborn size, so they are smaller than the yellow edge
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!

Last edited by Mamaleah; 04-29-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ziplock baggies and squish all the air out.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaleah View Post
I was able to fit 12 in a small regional rate box (have to order from USPS online and they are free) and for sure could have fit 24 in a medium flat rate box. Just get a few boxes from the PO and see what you can do.

tygr2410 - Orange edge is the newborn size, so they are smaller than the yellow edge
yeah i know, i see i miswrote they were the next size up to yellow, i meant yellow was the next size up from orange. The regional rate box A (which i assume you are referring too, is only 1" smaller in height and width, and a .5 inch shorter in length...not much smaller than a medium flat rate

I have 18 green edge here (old premie size i think, they are just a tad smaller than the orange edge), so for giggles, i just tried to fit them in a medium flat rate box (tall and thin, the squareish one wasn't happening)...i got 16 in (2 in the wash), with a little room to spare...you *might* be able to get 2 dozen orange edge in if you roll them and put them in ziplock baggies to flatten a little more. (I didn't bother with the baggies when testing it out)
Old 04-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Stick them in a small trash bag,suck out the air with your vac. Gather up the bag around nozzle,turn on vac,twist bag while taking nozzle out after air is sucked out and then quickly pack them. You can get A LOT of stuff in a very small space and since some of the cost is based on size of box, that may save you some $
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote