Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
dworth629
Registered Users
seller
seller

Need help ladies

So as desperately as I want to homeschool my dd's dh is totally against it. He believe that our taxed pay for public school so were gunna get our moneys worth. We also cannot afford a private school. Oldest dd starts 3 year old preschool in the fall. I would love to at least supplement at home with some extra learning, specifically some bible based learning. Any suggestions on a cirriculum to follow . BTW Needs to be somewhat thrifty since dh isnt on board im using my fun money to buy this! TIA

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Why not to a devotional during breakfast or something? I actually found a nice one at the dollar tree , and Fh bought a few for younger children called the Baby Bible 1 2 3 so it's counting example: #2 is 2 animals
From Genesis and it has a handplay/ movement to go with a prayer.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
AVeryHappyMama
Registered Users

Re: Need help ladies

A web search on "afterschooling" should turn up a bit. I know there are sites and forums devoted entirely to afterschooling!

For preschool that includes lots of Bible and is free online there's Letteroftheweek.com, hubbardscupboard.org, ABCJesusLovesMe.com

Christian Liberty Press offers inexpensive bible, history books from a biblical worldview, science readers that might make a nice supplement. They also have a preschool curriculum. A lot of people on here really like Little Hands to Heaven, which is about $40, bible based, and can be done in a few minutes a day.

You can look at some free curricula links and use those to supplement too, and pull literature lists from sites like Ambleside Online or 1000 Good Books List, take them to the library, and read through them.
You can pull the lists from Sonlight P3/4 or P4/5 and using the library read through their suggested literature. You can buy their guides separately from their packages.

Teneo: Our Daily Homeschool Journey
AVeryHappyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need help ladies

For preschool 1+1+1=1 is a great resource.

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote