Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Diaper bag/purse with a phil and ted

I need to find a new diaper bag/large purse that works with the phil and ted. Since when I have the kids both in it there is not much room in the basket.

I'm hoping to get it from babies r us since I have a gift card.
(I also want to be able to wear it across my body when I don't have the stroller so I can have my hands free.

Currently I'm looking at the Skip hop duo, the skip hop versa, and the skip hop duo double. Is there one that anyone recommends over the others.

I need a good amount of room since I have three either potty trained, potty learning, or in diapers. (plus we will be having more kids so it will get used) I also don't want to look like I'm about to fall over while I'm carrying it.

Any recommendations??

Advertisement

Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper bag/purse with a phil and ted

Gogaga. . .it's pricey, but I love it. http://www.gogagalife.com/messenger.aspx It has built in straps to attach to a stroller--works with the P&T--and the shoulder strap is so comfy! This one might not be quite big enough for your needs (it works for me with 2 in dipes), but they have a bigger style I think.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
epiclesis
Registered Users
seller

No interest in the sade car bag things P&T makes?
epiclesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiclesis View Post
No interest in the sade car bag things P&T makes?
since I need a new diaper bag in general I wasn't plan on getting them but I'll check them out!
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

I have the skip hop backpack, skip hop messenger and the skip hop duo double. If it's room you want.. do the duo double! I could probably even get away with selling you one of mine. I have a bit of a bag obsession! PM me if you're interested.

The duo double hooks onto the back of any stroller and hangs down so you have free hands, but if you have a toddler seat on the bottom of it then it wont work because it will hit the child in the head. If it's for a single or double stroller it works perfect, however, if you fill it TOO much it can get heavy and then when you take the LO out of the stroller it can tip the stroller backwards. But that's really loading it and it holds A LOT!

ETA: I could fill the duo double with 2 in cloth diapers, 2 extra sets of clothes per kid, bottles and tippy cups, a ziplock of: tampons, lotion, sunscreen, kleenex. It held my wallet, phone, keys in "my" compartment. A changing pad, a wet bag for dirty diapers. I could stop and get the mail and put it in there and still have space left over. I mean this thing is ROOOOMMY! If you want a picture I can load it up and put it on my Baby Jogger Elite (which is kind of like a P&T). Let me know.

The messenger is good, but it's not as roomy. It works good for my two kids now because all I carry is diapers for 1, and a set of clothes for one. Maybe a tippy cup. They both drink from big cups so I sometimes don't need that. The backpack is in between both of those.

Last edited by Crew&West; 04-29-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Crew&West is offline   Reply With Quote