Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #21
jesshb
Registered Users
seller

Re: Are my children monsters? :(

Never heard of throwing out sealed jelly packets after each service. That is ridiculous.

I am sure your children are lovely. Wish I could show you a video of my children in a restaurant. It isn't pretty (which is why it is now a rare occurrence lol)

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #22
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesshb View Post
Never heard of throwing out sealed jelly packets after each service. That is ridiculous.

I am sure your children are lovely. Wish I could show you a video of my children in a restaurant. It isn't pretty (which is why it is now a rare occurrence lol)
lol We took a restaurant break with my first born. They seemed to inspire him to scream at the tops of his lungs.

He's 13 now and we do take him to restaurants.

I'm going to change my siggy in honor of this thread.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #23
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

ehhh... I think Id let the manager know... and if my kid wants to sit quietly and count the sugar packets and jelly containers then by all means he may count his heart out...
Old 04-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #24
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama07
ehhh... I think Id let the manager know... and if my kid wants to sit quietly and count the sugar packets and jelly containers then by all means he may count his heart out...
Agla, the kid was there with his aunt first, i doubt they were on this servers radar.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #25
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

I guess I'm a monster because I play with the packets, too! Seriously, a kid touching unopened packets should be the least of her worries. Better than a screaming toddler who is throwing food everywhere. What does she do if someone doesn't eat all of their meals, yell at them and call them wasteful?! Crazy server!! Call management, that is seriously uncalled for.

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

call the manager...please and update us! she was obnoxious to keep saying something to you, I would have gone off on her.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #27
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879 View Post
Agla, the kid was there with his aunt first, i doubt they were on this servers radar.
The waitress went over more than once to bother the op once she got there in addition to bothering the sister. So waitress was really having a bad day or she is super rude or she's fed up with op or all of the above.

I don't think the waitress should have harassed op into wondering if her kids were monsters. I know I wouldn't have done that as a server to any customer.

I was pointing out that besides the mean waitress, you all now know one more person in the world (me) that doesn't want your kids using all the sugar packets as their own personal abacus.

As has already been pointed out repeatedly, no one agrees with me. I'm in the sugar packet handling minority.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #28
teachermommy35
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow ! I would say my children are horrific little monsters too! They love to stack the jelly up and the creamers. What little kid doesn't? I would defiantly call and complain.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #29
pcjs
Registered Users

Monsters no, but it isn't an appropriate behavior. No one wants everyones hands on things they are going to potentially eat. Yuck. I would never consider allowing my child to do it. We bring cars, leap frog electronics (with the sound taped as they are loud), crayons/books, and lots of other toys to keep him occupied as we feel it is our responsibility not the staffs. I also don't allow him to roam around and he must be in the high chair. If he can't do that, we leave (we've only left twice and both times were no nap over tired and we should not have pushed it and eaten out so it was our fault). I also try but not always bring the plastic table mats and depending on where we go silverware and snacks for before meal if it is going to take a while. I'm probably in the minority too as I am sometimes amazed at how some kids act in public with parents egging them on (not special needs).
Old 04-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #30
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

The waitress sounded a bit rude, and probably could have handled it better, but I have worked at restaurants where it was policy to throw out anything left on the table. Open or not. They didn't have them out on the tables though. They were brought with your food.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum