Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vacation and cloth diapering

I wont do it. Im pretty hardcore at home and our vacays are MAYBE once a year, so I figure three - seven days a year with spoises I can get a pass on. Its too much with five to do. WAY too much.

Advertisement

Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

couple days, we cloth diaper. But our 'vacations' have been 5-6 day driving trips to get from MS to ID and then ID to TX, so we used sposies. There was no guarantee that our hotels would have washers and I hang dry, which wasn't an option either.

If I was going to one place to stay for many days and it had a washer, then I'd probably stick with cloth. Unless it was a person's house, because I don't want to intrude in that fashion.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #13
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have done overnight trips, week long trips in hotels and 2-3 week international trips to Australia and New Zealand, all using cloth, never a single disposable used. With family it's easy, in a hotel there is usually washing machines or a laundromat nearby and when we travel internationally we rent holiday homes w/ washing machines (way cheaper and bigger than hotel rooms too!)
Old 04-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
if we werent staying with family we would just hit the laundromat. im very passionate about cloth and sposies is not an option for this family.
Same with us Plus my ds2 breaks out in sposies anyways so it's really not an option at all.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #15
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

3 days or less - I just bring my whole stash and wash when we get home.

More than 3 day trips - if we are going to visit family then I bring cloth and wash there, which works out just fine. But if we are going to be in a hotel for that long, then I just do sposies.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

We just drove cross country for 2 weeks. We used cloth up until the last few days (I got norovirus and couldn't stand up without nearly passing out for almost 3 days.) We washed the diapers when we stayed with friends or used the hotel's facilities. We have a ton of diapers though, so I only needed to do diapers ever 4-5 days. I had to wash our clothes as well (since we were without our washer and dryer for just over 3 weeks) so doing diaper laundry in a hotel was no biggie for me.

I do my best to not have to use disposables, especially in hotels. They stink up the room, especially when the kids have been wearing them all night
Old 04-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
alyssa&rylan's-mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

If it's just for 2-3 days I take them and wash as soon as we get home, last summer we did a 2 week long vacation but there was a laundromat and clothesline (we stayed with MIL in her camper trailer), I haven't tried a long vacation but I would probably just use hotel laundromats if possible.
alyssa&rylan's-mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
if we werent staying with family we would just hit the laundromat. im very passionate about cloth and sposies is not an option for this family.
I never wanted to put my sposies in unknown washers. I was afraid I would ruin their absorbency with dryer sheets/fabric softeners. I am/(was) passionate about cloth as well, but made an exception about travelling. I don't think occasionally using sposies means you aren't passionate about it!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #19
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivhop98 View Post
I never wanted to put my sposies in unknown washers. I was afraid I would ruin their absorbency with dryer sheets/fabric softeners. I am/(was) passionate about cloth as well, but made an exception about travelling. I don't think occasionally using sposies means you aren't passionate about it!
Agreed. When we did traveling while CDing we just used Nature BabyCare diapers- great on the environment and super absorbant. Sometimes traveling makes it impossible to CD (like out of the country or camping, etc) and we would just make an exception to the rule of "cloth only".
Old 04-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #20
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
We've gone to Florida twice and once we had a W/D in our suite and once we used a service. Our primary diapering method is pfs so we had everything we needed. It worked great both ways and I would recommend either option.