Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #181
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the (really big and super exciting) weekend!!!

I am so tired. way looking forward to taking MH to bed in 15 minutes.

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #182
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

have you looked into buying up any land tax delinquent? do you know what the redemption laws in your state/county are?
yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #183
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am back. Wanting artisan pizza, and for SOME reason perusing $1500 chandeliers online at a hoity toity store because I am highly suggestible.

My BFF has a huge Fiesta collection. Antique and recent, with a big new kitchen full of white cabinets with glass doors to show it off. Of course she also has no kids, hence all of the above.

I am going to pitch the plastic stuff and only use our Corelle when we get moved in the big house. Go buy a dozen pint and quart (and maybe half-pint, if I find the right shape) canning jars for glassware. Open up the boxes of our wedding china (which is everyday china, not fancy stuff) and see if there is enough for a dinner party or not (pretty sure not), and see if it is worth investing in making it a 12 person setting (pretty sure not, since it is discontinued and thus more expensive). Maybe supplement the Corelle with white and glass stuff from IKEA for entertaining, although I do have some white serving pieces and some cobalt blue glass entertaining pieces left from my pre-kid days.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #184
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

I love the Ikea glassware,...and their dinnerware is pretty affordable too. I just love ikea. $2 egg pan? $2 bathroom mats? So perfect. Almost all my dishes came from there, except for you know, the occasional plastic cup they send you home with at the local bbq place. lol
Old 04-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #185
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I have IKEA withdrawal. I used to live 15 minutes from one, so I could actually go there on a whim and not buy anything any time I wanted to. Now it is an hour away, so if we come back with anything that won't fit in the back, we have to take two cars or just send DH alone to get it. And with it being that far, it is no longer necessarily cheaper to get things there with the cost of gas. That being said we bought ALL our non-bedroom curtains for the new house there and saved about $150, since they are half of what everyone else (including WM) charge for the same thing.

SPeaking of Ikea. We have a LACK end table out on our patio that has been out in the elements for nearly two years and it is still standing. I really need to take a picture of that. It was a table the cat had repeatedly peed on, that I put in the trash pile, that the movers packed anyway (while throwing away things like my breadmaker manual, but I digress ). Anyway, I was so pissed off at the movers by that point I literally threw the table outside and it just stayed there. It is amazing that it isn't just a pile of soggy sawdust.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #186
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl!

I'm impressed the table didn't fall apart from the pee Almost ALL my bedroom furniture is from Ikea...and the rest is lightly used from CL. My guest bedroom furniture is craigslist stuff. I just can't justify spending thousands of dollars on furniture. Even pre-baby.