Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you let your 3yo SON....

Like others, normally because of age I would say no, but since you already did your daughters, I would take him into a professional piercer and get them done. If a gun was the only option though I would wait.

Advertisement

Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #22
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I think its kind of hypocritical not to let him, as your younger daughter have theirs done. So, i dont feel like its really an age related thing in your household. Also he probably want it done more because his father has them. Saying that, id try and best describe the pain involved with having piercings. I think that would be my concern and that he'd leave with only one done when he figures out its not painless.

Last edited by champatlife; 04-30-2012 at 01:07 PM.
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, mainly because of his age, I won't be letting my daughter get hers pierced for awhile either.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't but it has nothing to do with boy/girl. I don't have my ears pierced and I'd want my girl to wait until 15/16 or so to make a decision like that too. But we're a very conservative family.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #25
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think you should take him and get it done. He's the only one in the family without, and he obviously wants it. I think it's just fine, and he'll be happy! I would try to explain to him that it's gonna hurt a little, but he will handle it well since he wants it so badly. Since you all have piercings, and experience with them, I'm sure caring for it won't be an issue, ears heal pretty quickly. Ear piercing is something you can always change your mind about when you get older: with only two little dots as a reminder of what once was. ( unless of course, you stretch them out. That is much more difficult to fix and requires reconstructive surgery. I feel bad for people who have changed their minds about those; with dangling earlobes. )
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #26
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes, in your case I would. No ear plugs though!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 04-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #27
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

My little brother got his ears pierced in 2nd grade. Not sure if this will be relevant for you, but none of our public schools allow boys to have earrings. He was so upset at being forced to take them out that I often wondered if it would have been easier for my mom if she had never let him get them pierced in the first place.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #28
MamanMoore
Registered Users

My Mood:
We've decided to make our kids wait Until they're older, but in your case I would let him.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #29
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't let my child get anything pierced that young boy or girl. However, since you already let your daughters do it,it would be unfair to deny your son.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #30
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would not. My brother wanted his ears pierced when he was young and my mom did not let him do it (even when he was a young teenager).

Now that he is a grown man he would hate to have his ears pierced. That is just not who he is.