Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Relief from terrible Vericose Veins during Pregnancy?

I know nothing at all about vericose veins, but it does seem that anything that promotes good blood flow would help. I have a blood clotting disorder so I DO know about that. I take a baby asprin daily, and a really good dha supplement, along with a good b-complex. All of those are natural(ish) ways to promote thinner blood, and good blood flow Seems like it would be worth a try at least.

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaratliff View Post
I know nothing at all about vericose veins, but it does seem that anything that promotes good blood flow would help. I have a blood clotting disorder so I DO know about that. I take a baby asprin daily, and a really good dha supplement, along with a good b-complex. All of those are natural(ish) ways to promote thinner blood, and good blood flow Seems like it would be worth a try at least.
Good thought Mama!...that makes sense I am writing all of these ideas down for "go-to's" during my next pregnancy... I think I will need to try anything at that point
Old 03-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure that thinner blood is the answer. The problem is the valves in the veins... they are either weak or totally shot. I have the same issues, and this played a huge role in me deciding not to have more babies. My daughter is 2, and I still have pain and ugly veins. Not fun I'm too young for ugly legs!

I haven't really found anything to be effective in helping.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bumping up to keep this going...
Old 04-14-2012, 04:10 AM   #15
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummandherboys View Post
Hello Mama's,

I am wondering if there are others out there who struggle with terrible vericose veins during your pregnancies? It has been a terrible struggle for me during 3 of my 4 pregnancies and though we are not pregnant now, we are hoping for one more baby in the not-too-distant-future, we hope BUT...as much as I feel confident that I would like to try for 1 more baby, I am scared that the pain of the veins for that many months will just be too much for even the tighest support panty hose! I am wondering what else you have found to help/work to relieve some discomfort and pain during pregnancy, besides the support hose... I have heard of a V-strap for the vaginal veins that I also deal with... what are your thoughts on that? I would love any, and all, ideas to give me some confidence that my body can do this once more!

Thank you!
My 4th pregnancy, they showed their selves all over my legs and thighs... never knew they were so painful! I found putting my feet up frequently throughout the day helped. It's so hard to do that with little ones, but it helped prevent a lot of pain. I'd fold laundry sitting down instead of standing up. I'd make breakfast and then sit for 10 min, then do a chore and then sit for 5 minutes. I'd even time myself! It's kind of annoying to do, but I noticed a big difference from when I took frequent rests vs. when I was on my feet all day.
I drank lots and lost of water which someone told me helps... can't remember if it was an old midwife or not...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had them since I was about 15 or so. It's mainly genetic for me - runs heavily in both sides of my family.
Blood thinning won't help - as the PP mentioned, it's about the valves. Once they're shot, that's it. What can help is exercise, especially walking, since muscle contraction pushes the blood back up to the heart. Being a healthy weight is important. Wearing support hose during pregnancy can help. Elevating your legs whenever you can helps. Don't cross your legs or sit on them, if you can help it. Some say that taking vitamin E helps - improves elasticity in all tissues...? Don't know for myself.
I've found that the veins are most painful when they first "pop". It eases up after a while. When I first developed a vaginal varicose vein with pregnancy #3, it was AGONIZING. But, with baby #6 now, it doesn't bother me too much anymore.
My legs look really, really bad, but someday, I'm hoping to have them fixed, and for now, I'm just trying to focus on the joy of new little lives! What's the creation of an eternal soul compared with some temporary pain and ugliness?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #17
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those are both great ideas ladies!..thank you I get a bit more confident with each post I read...though I'm sad that you ladies also have these veins to deal with I think taking the frequent breaks is an awesome idea... and I would have to time myself to make it happen... good thought
Cricket... you give me so much hope with you being on your 6th pregnancy with the veins!...and hope that maybe they won't be AS painful the longer I've had them... we are hoping to TTC pretty soon again and I am so excited and then so nervous about my veins/legs/vaginal area...as it was SO hard the last pregnancy Did/do either of you ladies use support hose? If so, which brand have you found to hold up the best and be the most comfortable... if that's even possible.. lol I feel like I have tried many of the brands and they all seem about the same and they also don't last long before they get holes in them!..of course that from wearing them EVERYDAY!
Thanks for your posts!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #18
Aydinsmom
Registered Users
seller

I bought the prenatal cradle a few weeks ago. I have only one in my leg but the main problem is the one in my crotch. The first day I used it I was on my feet walking around for 2 hours, which would have put me in major pain before. It is sort of annoying to wear and I can't wait to take it off sometimes, but if I decide not to wear it I always regret it. Definitely worth it to be able to get things done.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Aydinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

wearing an amber ankle bracelet helps my pain from vericose veins alot
Old 05-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydinsmom View Post
I bought the prenatal cradle a few weeks ago. I have only one in my leg but the main problem is the one in my crotch. The first day I used it I was on my feet walking around for 2 hours, which would have put me in major pain before. It is sort of annoying to wear and I can't wait to take it off sometimes, but if I decide not to wear it I always regret it. Definitely worth it to be able to get things done.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Okay, so tell me exacally what you bought Mama... this seems like what I will need forsure! Is it the same one that one of the mamas in an earlier post linked to? Please tell me where you got yours/size/details... my crotch area is always the worst too
I'm glad it's working for you!!

Do you also wear any support hose or anything for your legs?