Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #201
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Our weekend was fun.

We celebrated Tanner's 3rd Birthday! He was so excited from the moment he woke up. He thought he was so much bigger bc he is now 3. We did not do a party bc I am a horrible party person and dh is no better. But I had cupcakes made for his class on Friday. They had the alien faces from toy story on them and they were so cute. When I download them I will post them. I also got an alien cake made for us for Saturday.

On Saturday though we went to the city and ate then went to the zoo! It was funny bc the boys were sooooo exited to see the ducks. We lauged bc we kept saying, "what about that huge elephant right next to the duck?" They liked the elephant but apparently did not have the same appeal to them as the ducks--you know the ducks you can see in your own backyard.

On sunday was Blu's last tee ball game and they had a huge league picnic/celebration afterwards. So you know what all of this meant for me. I did not have to cook dinner 2 nights in a row!!!! I feel so incredibily rested.

Hope everyone else enjoyed there weekend.

Advertisement

Last edited by dagmomma; 04-30-2012 at 10:29 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #202
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Super busy weekend. Saturday I took the kids to the Zoo so RAy could do some work at home. He took on a bunch of side jobs and didn't realize quite how much work it is. I had a bad migraine and wet to bed early. Then Sunday was church, birthday party and planting in the garden. I'm not as excited about the garden as I was last year. All my seedlings have died. Slugs ate my asparagus. And June killed some of my tomato starts I bought. It has been a rough start.

I like the Neverland theme. we did that for Izzy's birthday and it worked out really well. I bought tons of pirate ats, bags, eye patches, fairy wings, tutus, etc at Halo heaven. Super cheap.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #203
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Our weekend was fun.

We celebrated Tanner's 3rd Birthday! He was so excited from the moment he woke up. He thought he was so much bigger bc he is now 3. We did not do a party bc I am a horrible party person and dh is no better.
We didn't do 3rd or 4th birthday parties for DD either, the expense just wasn't worth it when she wouldn't remember.

Love the Neverland party theme!

And I don't pintrest, I don't need any help finding more projects or hobbies. DH might strangle me if I did.

Does anyone have a good pattern for knit or crochet headbands? I can do either... The lady at the yarn shop said it needed to have robbing to strech since the yarn I picked it cotton.

Still waiting for Peanuts test results, we are suposed to have them tomorrow. I.hate.waiting.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #204
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For headbands, I usually just make up my own patterns. For ribbing I'll do them in the round for about 5 rows or so. Garter stitch from end to end might be stretchy enough too (I know it is with wool). I've also done just plain I-cords. Then I just put flowers or whatever on. I've done cabled headbands but it's so much work for just a little headband.