Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
MissyMia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Daily Adult SPF for the face

Hey ladies, I have been trying to "green up" all the products in my bathroom, such as soap, shampoo & conditioner, face wash, and lotions. The last thing I need is a spf product for my face. Right now I use Olay complete with spf 15. It rates okay on EWG, but it is definitely not that natural.

Do we really need an spf if we are not spending the day outside? They make such a big deal on commercials that you need to protect yourself all the time from the sun, but I wonder now.

Just wondering what all the other ladies are using.

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
LinnyLou02
Registered Users
seller

I used to religiously apply my SPF face lotion but now not i don't. I really think if you eat healthy it helps protect your skin (antioxidants), some oils and natural products also protect and IMO a little sun is good. If I'm going to be outside for long periods (2+ hrs) I will put on some natural sunblock and/or wear a hat.

I was just thinking the other day about face lotions with SPF...you are supposed to reapply every couple hours. How many ppl actually do this? I'm guessing not many, especially after you have makeup on if you wear it.
LinnyLou02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Adult SPF for the face

Its the accumulation of sun that causes issues- which is why it is recommended to wear something daily. Some makeup offer a little protection too. I wonder about the effectiveness of not reapplying throughout the day as well, but it might be that when your talking about small exposure through out the day, your not sweating or getting wet that its enough to protect. As someone who freckles easily- summer days in which I have forgotten my sunscreen (regular errand days) there is definitely a difference then on days I do have my sunscreen on. I don't usually wear makeup so sunscreen is my only protection. Whether that protection is limited to a few hours or not- its still some protection and it still makes a difference. I use a moisturizer with 28SPF it is not green either.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller

I have been looking for a long time for a greener adult SPF. I haven't been able to find anything! I might just go back to my olay everyday lotion this summer. In the meantime we avoid going outside while the sun is strongest, and I also have a wide brimmed sun hat. I have a purple prairie sunstick, but haven't tried it yet. Many of the green sunscreens are too greasy for me.
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
OurAllenBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My face powder has an SPF of 15 but I wouldn't go out of my way to add an additional lotion with an spf unless I am going to be outside for a long time.