View Poll Results: Education/self-support
The wage earner(s) are college educated and we are self-sufficient 51 62.20%
Whe wage earner(s) have specialized, ie. trade school, education and we are self-sufficient 5 6.10%
The wage earner(s) do not have post high school education and we are self-sufficient 15 18.29%
The wage earners do not have a high school diploma/GED and we are self sufficient 2 2.44%
The wage earner(s) are college educated and we are NOT self-sufficient 8 9.76%
The wage earner(s) are trade/specialized educated and we are NOT self-sufficient 1 1.22%
The wage earner(s) have a HS diploma/GED and we are NOT self-sufficient 0 0%
The wage earner(s) do not have a high school education and we are NOT self-sufficient 0 0%
Other - because there always is 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

s/o College and employment

I was reading the thread about not wanting (or at least not caring) if their kids go to college.

I am wondering if those who feel that way are college grads themselves. I am also curious whether those who feel that way are self-supporting (or their DH is if they SAH). I define self-supporting as -

living as a family unit (apartment or house, just not living off of other family/friends)

not receiving assistance from the government - no WIC, SNAP, EIC, health (unless that is for say a disability - not financially based), etc.

Honestly, I was surprised at the number of people who think higher education in this day and age is not necessary, so I was wondering if that is reflected here.

Poll coming.