Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: An anti-bed sharer needs advice on bed sharing

Try a bouncy seat. We used the my little lamb and it was a life saver as our son could not be on his back. He slept mainly on my husband the first few weeks. We easily transitioned him to a crib.

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Swaddling maybe? It worked wonders with my youngest.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Perhaps a side-carred crib with the mattress flush with yours. This is what we do with newborns. Baby usually lays on the edge of our mattress and I lay next to her. After nursing I sometimes kinda nudge her into the crib a bit giving DH and I the whole bed. I never have to worry about her falling out and or ending up between DH and I. Once they start crawling though all bets are off. Now I sometimes end up partially in the crib with DH clinging to the edge of the other side for dear life while the baby lays spread-eagle the middle of our mattress. My baby's slept for as long as someone slept next to them. Sometimes this meant 11hrs. It was heaven.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #14
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

I don't have any amazing advice but will share that I coslept with all three of my girls until the next baby came- now they sleep with each other. I had c sections and it seemed easier on my recovery and just became the easiest situation. What I've read about the dangers are if the adult is overtired- like works multiple jobs, shifts, is lackin major sleep, had drank alcohol or on a drug even prescription- then don't allow cosleeping. Don't cosleep on a sofa where the baby could get wedged in the pillows or use too many pillows or heavy blankets in the bed with a newborn. I take precautions like these and have never had a problem. Read a book on it to get more tips.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #15
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

My dd2 was a fabulous sleeper - if she was beside me. It was funny, I didn't have to rock her or hold her, just lay her beside me and she would drift off.

I put her beside me and the basinette. I didn't like her anywhere near DH because nothing wakes him. I didn't sleep great, but she wouldn't sleep anywhere else so it was the best choice. The weird thing was that eventually i started putting her in her crib and she slept great. I think she just hated the basinette!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #16
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

So last night tried the sleeper next to tje bed again and she was up every 30 minutes wanting to nurse. About 4 am i just left her next to me after nursing and she slept for three hours. I didnt sleep awsome but she did. I think we will buy a bed to go on the bed and try that.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #17
SarahS12
Registered Users

I don't have any great advice, sorry. I didn't want to co-sleep but am in the same situation you are. Ds won't even sleep alone for naps. I'm just hoping he grows out of it
SarahS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #18
leila03ash
Registered Users

No advice but for the first 2 weeks dd would only sleep in her swing. Thw next 2 weeks she slept on top of me. now we are back to the swing. No matter where she sleeps I am up every 2 hours minimum. The first 2 weeks it was maybe 2 hours of dozing off total for me for the whole night. I hope something works for you soon.
leila03ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #19
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Sorry your struggling to workout sleep kinks. My fourth child is also a needy nighttime baby. Cosleeping has helped some. Some ideas to try: swaddling!, white noise (fan, music), a shirt sheet (worn by you), daytime baby wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama
Oh, she loves you and wants to be right next to you Don't worry, she wont be sleeping in your bed when she goes to college Do you have a carrier or wrap? You could try wearing her close to you during the day for the first month/two until she gets a little more comfortable with her surrounding, then once she is bigger you could try the crib again.

I know this is a touch subject I firmly believe that breastfeeding and cospleeing is great for the baby and holds little to no risks when done correct. Are you nursing her? If not I would recommend not cosleeping but you can still do lots of babywearing
May I ask why you wouldn't recommend cosleeping for a formula feeding mama? I would think it would be another wonderful way for mama and baby to bond.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #20
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ds2 was this way. Me and him slept together for the first week (kicked dh out) and after the week tried bassinet again and it worked! He just needed to transition. He did sleep well in his carseat as well for that transition time. But thankfully he started the bassinet (right next to our bed) within a week/ week and half.