Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #21
Jessi621
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Vacation and cloth diapering

For short trips, long weekends and such, we stick with cloth. I just make sure to bring enough for the whole trip and wash them when we get home. For longer trips where we'll be in a hotel, we go with sposies. I have washed my cloth in hotel laundy before, but I didn't like it. Plus I'd rather spend my vacations vacationing, not doing laundry.

Advertisement

Proud Army wife and sahm to The Chickie 2/26/05, The Monkey 6/13/08 and The Little Miss 8/15/10 Due in Aug with #4
Jessi621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #22
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we went to Florida for a week and stayed in a house with a laundry room. I packed all my cloth diapers and basically pretended I was at home. It worked great!

we used sposies on the plane, though!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #23
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I guess it depends on the type/length of vacation and the availability of washing facilities. Our vacations are usually air travel and then staying at a rental house or apartment (we try to avoid hotels) which usually have washers and dryers. We have always been able to use cloth, and we travel quite a bit. We've also done short camping trips with cloth only. The only time we used any sposies at all for travel was just recently when we went to France. We didn't have room in the luggage for the nighttime dipes, which are pretty big and bulky. So we used sposies for nighttime. I did bring flips and flats for day though.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #24
Mama2LilBug
Registered Users

We've only used sposies once and that was our very first trip from PA to TX. Hubby thought it would be easier.... False, I had to scrub explosion stains out of every outfit DD wore when she pooped. No. Fun. We've been on countless plane trips and road trips for up to 3 weeks at a time. I've used CDs ever since that first trip because I didn't want to have to pack extra outfits if I didn't have to. We use pfs and covers so I could wash in my parent's washer or if we were not with family, i.e. hotels, I could just hand wash in the tub and hang dry. No biggie for us. DD and I are going on a 3 week trip to MIL/FIL's with a road trip to SC for a wedding and I'll be using cloth the whole time. But MIL and her SILs all used cloth, so they don't even bat an eye when they see me coming!

Lindsey
Mama2LilBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #25
Mama2LilBug
Registered Users

We've only used sposies once and that was our very first trip from PA to TX. Hubby thought it would be easier.... False, I had to scrub explosion stains out of every outfit DD wore when she pooped. No. Fun. We've been on countless plane trips and road trips for up to 3 weeks at a time. I've used CDs ever since that first trip because I didn't want to have to pack extra outfits if I didn't have to. We use pfs and covers so I could wash in my parent's washer or if we were not with family, i.e. hotels, I could just hand wash in the tub and hang dry. No biggie for us. DD and I are going on a 3 week trip to MIL/FIL's with a road trip to SC for a wedding and I'll be using cloth the whole time. But MIL and her SILs all used cloth, so they don't even bat an eye when they see me coming!

Lindsey
Mama2LilBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #26
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

We used flats and wipe clean covers and it works well.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #27
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have issues with the smell of disposables big time, so we always took cd's on vacation. We did a lot of weekend trips, flew and did two weeks in Europe. Since we Ec'd it was so much easier since we rarely had poo dipes. But when DS was smaller we mostly did prefolds since they were so easy to wash and dry. I hand washed a lot or occassionally used machines. Since I didn't like the other options we made it work.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote