Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Skinny Kid Alert!!!

I would suggest smoothies made with kefir, as the probiotics in teh kefir will help his gut heal and will boost his immume system.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Is he seeing an allergist? I do agree about the smoothies, use coconut oil and whole fat yogurt to make it with fruits like bananas and berries (lots of vitamins and calories) you can also add protein powder but it sounds like he doesn't need any. Brown or wild rices are good too. Tharen is also about 37-40lbs at 6 but he doesn't look skinny at all to me. It has been quite a while since he was at the pedi for a well check (he only goes for behavioral checks) so I don't know where he falls as far as height and weight though he is typically taller than other kids his age that we meet out.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
kimsclothkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, we have to go see the allergist tomorrow morning because Jake had another breakout yesterday. I have been trying to give him more shakes. He likes them but isn't "head over heels" for them. I have been putting avacados in the shakes too.
WOHM to NoahJacoband MeganLoving wife to my #1 man, Aaron I have a one of a kind family and a one of a kind life and I'm loving every minute of it!
kimsclothkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Two of my guys were very low on the scales/percentage at age 1 (one was -5%). I did avocado's, olive oil, even full fat cream in oatmel or cream with berries etc. Irish grassfed butter in potatoes, toast(I know he doesn't like many carbs). Ice cream, smoothies with full fat yogurt and fruit.

I may have gained a few pounds myself during that period....ahem....

With us it's genetics as that's how I was, ODS was low, DS2 super low, DS3 super super low and now this one I'm being told is "petite" at every visit. So I try not to stress too much.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a skinny kid too and smoothies are the favorite way to increase calorie intake. The breakfast smoothie is always chocolate soy milk with banana(I freeze them in slices so they blend easier and make the smoothie more slushie) and honey. They part my daughter doesn't know about it the 2 tablespoons of avacado that I blend in. She has been able to maintain the 40lb mark at least for the last few months.