Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
FluffyBum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My DD never stopped nursing, even when there was no milk. It wasn't fun but trying to wean her was too hard on her.
DS was born three weeks ago and DD is loving the milk!! A little too much I think!! Now she's up at night nursing and she asks to nurse during the day not just nap time. But I think the joint nursing has helped her to not be jealous. Almost like she knows the milk came back bc of her baby brother and appreciates him for it. Strange I know but she is so loving with him. People were scaring me telling me to be careful with the jealousy but I haven't seen it. She even understands how to take turns at nursing!!

Advertisement

FluffyBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #12
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake
The difficulty of weaning seemed greater than the difficulty of continuing to nurse in our case. If it hadn't, I probably would have weaned.
This is exactly how I feel right now! I don't think dd is getting much at this point. Probably the only reason she finally started sleeping through the night (mostly) a couple weeks ago! I'm really hoping she'll want to wean on her own soon since I don't really know how not to nurse her.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #13
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well I guess we made it through the dry spell bc the other day dd stopped the shallow comfort nursing and was swallowing, which mean colostrum is here! We made it! Im glad bc I really want to tandem nurse, but not with tht awful
Painful comfort nurse!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #14
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyBum
My DD never stopped nursing, even when there was no milk. It wasn't fun but trying to wean her was too hard on her.
DS was born three weeks ago and DD is loving the milk!! A little too much I think!! Now she's up at night nursing and she asks to nurse during the day not just nap time. But I think the joint nursing has helped her to not be jealous. Almost like she knows the milk came back bc of her baby brother and appreciates him for it. Strange I know but she is so loving with him. People were scaring me telling me to be careful with the jealousy but I haven't seen it. She even understands how to take turns at nursing!!
This is the vision I have for my babies . So glad to hear it is working out!