Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #31
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 - May chat

oh dear...a good friend from college just had baby #4 earlier this morning. All beautiful little girls. They are missionaries in Kenya and have had 3 of their girls there. They are my heros! (the previous baby was born 5 weeks early in the bathtub of their home with no medical assistance. wonderwoman!) Kinda makes me wish even stronger for 1 more.
then again, I really can't imagine being pregnant with three kiddos...or even pregnant at this weight (good grief it is bad news). And we are really looking forward to the "next stage" of life...family vacations without diapers, activities that the whole family can participate in, and other "big kid" activities.
speaking of big kid activities, sydney and elijah have their first dentist appointment today. to make it more exciting (sydney has a really hard time in new situations) she is going to dress up in her princess outfit, and both kids are going to bring their toothbrushes (princess and toy story) to show the dentist, so it seems more fun and exciting. it should be good, this dentist office is just for kids, so the atmosphere should be fun and not sterile. i had bought a little dental kit at the store a while back. it has the little mouth mirror and a pick. we've been playing with the mirror for quite a while now and last night we showed them the pick and that it is not scary, just for counting teeth and rubbing their teeth. so, hopefully, all will go well.
still, wayne is meeting us there on his lunch, cuz there is no I'm taking 3 kids to the dentist alone.

Advertisement

heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #32
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Good luck Naomi! I find that the calmer and nonchalant I am about it, the more laid back my very easily stressed kids are. And you'll totally get to a point where the dentist with three isnt so bad. In November I took all four of mine.

So this dang headache is really affecting me. I can't wait for my new glasses.

Dd is back to waking several times a night. Wondering if it might mean teeth this time?

Need to take Nathan to prek and clean up around here a bit. Hoping to do a quick in trough since its mostly just cluttered with folded laundry and breakfast dishes. Maybe I can sit for a few before picking Nathan up.

Last night was young authors night at Dominic's school. He wrote and illustrated a book and read it aloud to the entire crowd of parents. All the kids did but wow, I was so impressed that my boy did that. Here's a little pic of my author and his novel, The Biting Spider. I'm just so proud of him.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #33
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

Hi Mamas

I don't really keep in touch - but its hard for me to get to know people, both online and in the real world. I had an August 15 baby boy, my first baby, born at home.

Coming up on 9 months for DS and this is such an exciting time. I say that every month actually, but each month gets even more amazing! We've got army crawling, not quite crawling on all fours and he loves to pull up to standing. He plays with any toy that has buttons, including things that are not toys with buttons like my cell phone. We are loving all kinds of food. DH fed him squid last night and I got a little nervous, but no one in my family has ever had a shellfish allergy so probably don't need to worry, and DS loved it. We are back into a good sleep phase also, hoping that will last a while.

To the above posters - that is annoying that the grandparents won't take time for a visit. We live in Brasil, my parents live in the United States and my DH's parents live in England. We've had 2 visits from my parents so far, and 3 from DH's and we live thousands of miles away! Plus we've flown to visit both of them twice to the US, once to England, and we are going back to England in July, and my mom is coming to us in a few weeks. Plus we use skype video to show off the grandson in between visits.

I don't blog but I've thought about writing a travel blog on traveling with babies. We do a lot of that since we are so far away from our families, plus we like to go on vacation to see places.

Is anyone else feeling like they are ready for another, or trying for another? DH and I are starting to feel like we are ready to just dive in and see what happens.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #34
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Amy, hugs. Sometimes I get frustrated with my parents, we live across the street and I still feel like we are the only ones that make an effort. Hopefully they put forth more effort when we move 20 min away next month. But I wouldn't be surprised if we only see them at church on sundays, ugh.

Stacey, you rock!

Brittt, nathan is such a handsome little guy.

Naomi, your friendsounds amazing. I know the political clomate is a little sketchy in kenya, how do they fare with that? Dh wants to take us all back to ivory coast someday where he served a two year church mission, but it's too ds dangerous right now.

Afm, headed to do some antiquing today with some friends. Ive got all three kiddos and it's raining again, should be an adventure, lol.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #35
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeScarlet
Hi Mamas

I don't really keep in touch - but its hard for me to get to know people, both online and in the real world. I had an August 15 baby boy, my first baby, born at home.

Coming up on 9 months for DS and this is such an exciting time. I say that every month actually, but each month gets even more amazing! We've got army crawling, not quite crawling on all fours and he loves to pull up to standing. He plays with any toy that has buttons, including things that are not toys with buttons like my cell phone. We are loving all kinds of food. DH fed him squid last night and I got a little nervous, but no one in my family has ever had a shellfish allergy so probably don't need to worry, and DS loved it. We are back into a good sleep phase also, hoping that will last a while.

To the above posters - that is annoying that the grandparents won't take time for a visit. We live in Brasil, my parents live in the United States and my DH's parents live in England. We've had 2 visits from my parents so far, and 3 from DH's and we live thousands of miles away! Plus we've flown to visit both of them twice to the US, once to England, and we are going back to England in July, and my mom is coming to us in a few weeks. Plus we use skype video to show off the grandson in between visits.

I don't blog but I've thought about writing a travel blog on traveling with babies. We do a lot of that since we are so far away from our families, plus we like to go on vacation to see places.

Is anyone else feeling like they are ready for another, or trying for another? DH and I are starting to feel like we are ready to just dive in and see what happens.
I just read a post of yours yesterday aboit travel and I was majorly jealous, I'm such an adventurer at heart, but it gets way harder to travel the more kids we have and now we are bound to my oldest s school schedule and youngers speech therapy. Enjoy these days!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #36
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeScarlet View Post
Hi Mamas

Welcome!!!!! I have seen you around too

Britt--so cute!! You should be so proud!

Amy-MIL didn't make time for us when we lived close by. Would leave early from holidays bc-"I have things to do" Always off with her boyfriend or just couldn't stay in one place. Doesn't make time for her daughter either but is willing to help out anybody else. Dh's brothers family basically cut her out or really limited there time with her so she tries to spend as much time as possible with them. Just weird. But now that we are so far away she basically cries about missing us. I don't care either way bc our life is so less stressful.

Naomi--Travel without diapers I wonder what that is like.

There is part of me that wants another--I have said it before but then there is part of me that wants to be able to simply get in and out of a car in seconds
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #37
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks Mamas, I really do appreciate it.
My hubby thinks they are upset about a something I posted on FB a while ago. I said our families are close enough to visit when convenient and far enough to not be able to be here when needed. It was when everyone was sick and Casper was on breathing treatments, it was a really stressful time and I literally had nobody to help out. And that's when my mom asked for prayers for herself because she was upset she couldn't be around. Oh blah. My parents are awesome when they visit but the last couple months they just haven't tried.

I'm excited for you guys who still have another little one to dream about. Hubby shot down adoption when we took a look at our finances. The V was one thing to not HAVE another but taking away even the dream of another was really rough. Wow I'm a big bummer today aren't I?

I watched Forks over Knives and we've been eating mostly veggie and vegan since. Casper loved the chili I made. Lol.

Last edited by estradaamyl; 04-30-2013 at 01:07 PM.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #38
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Amy what a cute pie!! Love those messy baby faces when they're learning to eat. I cannot imagine having all that on my face and not caring, it amazes me.

Oh to travel......... That thought deserves a

Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #39
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amy would love to here about your veggie vegan adventures!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #40
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Alison you made me lol at your 'I'd kinda like to get in and out of the car in two seconds' comment. So true!!