Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can i be denied a try to vbac

look for an ICAN network near you and also a website that I loved from like 2 days PP with my first and to 26 months later when her brother was born was was www.vbacfacts.com

Advertisement

Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #22
silverstar91579
Registered Users
seller

I am sitting at an Obgyn office right now about to have a melt down this was my last option for a vbac friendly ob. And they r telling me no because I have 2 prior csections nobody will even give me the chance to try. I don't want this to be my last baby and if they cut me again I know that will make it harder the nexttime
silverstar91579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
ooocharmsooo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Click on your state and there should be a list of all the hospitals that allow vbacs. Go to their site.. and see call all the OBs.. explain the situation and see what they say! GL mama.
http://www.cesareanrates.com/
ooocharmsooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #24
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

I don't know what your medical situation is like and I know that home birth isn't for everyone, but the my midwife that delivered my son has done home birth vbacs.

If your insurance won't cover it but you have savings, a home birth is less costly than a hospital birth. And midwives also deliver in hospitals and birthing centers. If there are any birthing centers near you, contact them for advice. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
silverstar91579
Registered Users
seller

This silly dr said there's a 6% chance of uterine rupture. So I asked him isn't a 94% chance at no uterine rupture worth the try and he said no his insurance would not allow him to. I have called both hospitals in the area and talked to the head labor and delivery nurses and they both say vbac are allowed in there hospitals I am now 26 weeks pregnant and I will continue to go see my perinatologist for my diabetes. But now my plan is to just go into active labor show up at the hospital and hope someone will help me deliver. I never realized the frustration I was gonna have to go through
Old 05-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #26
silverstar91579
Registered Users
seller

I have done my research and I know the risks and possible complications and I know a csection may have to be. But I at least want the chance to try that's all I am asking for
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #27
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar91579 View Post
I have done my research and I know the risks and possible complications and I know a csection may have to be. But I at least want the chance to try that's all I am asking for
I couldn't read this thread and not comment. First, . I have been struggling with the same thing- no one wanted to let me vba2c this time around, but I contacted some mamas on facebook in a local cloth diapering group and asked for suggestions, contacted ICAN, and talked to a friend who is a local doula and finally found someone who is at least a little receptive to a vba2c, but I too, am still worried that my OB will try to push a c-section in the end. I have a real problem with finding doctors who say "yes", but then the very next week say "no". Drives me nuts. Hope you get the VBA2C you are seeking.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #28
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar91579
I am sitting at an Obgyn office right now about to have a melt down this was my last option for a vbac friendly ob. And they r telling me no because I have 2 prior csections nobody will even give me the chance to try. I don't want this to be my last baby and if they cut me again I know that will make it harder the nexttime
Hugs! I'm having my 3rd at home because I cannot find a Dr willing to do a vba2c! What state are you in? Have you joined ican? 6% is bs!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote