Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
ammcmaho's Avatar
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: phx
Posts: 4,984
My Mood:
Re: Can i be denied a try to vbac

look for an ICAN network near you and also a website that I loved from like 2 days PP with my first and to 26 months later when her brother was born was was www.vbacfacts.com

Advertisement

__________________
another amanda | mama to viveka, my sunshine & rohan, my vbac toddler
tandeming | content contributor | opinionated full-time telecommuting | unequally-yoked Catholic Wife
Let me be your bag lady! THIRTY-One? Check out my giveaways!
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #22
silverstar91579's Avatar
silverstar91579
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 137
I am sitting at an Obgyn office right now about to have a melt down this was my last option for a vbac friendly ob. And they r telling me no because I have 2 prior csections nobody will even give me the chance to try. I don't want this to be my last baby and if they cut me again I know that will make it harder the nexttime
silverstar91579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
ooocharmsooo's Avatar
ooocharmsooo
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 5,672
My Mood:
Re: Can i be denied a try to vbac

Click on your state and there should be a list of all the hospitals that allow vbacs. Go to their site.. and see call all the OBs.. explain the situation and see what they say! GL mama.
http://www.cesareanrates.com/
ooocharmsooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #24
JadeScarlet's Avatar
JadeScarlet
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 263
Re: Can i be denied a try to vbac

I don't know what your medical situation is like and I know that home birth isn't for everyone, but the my midwife that delivered my son has done home birth vbacs.

If your insurance won't cover it but you have savings, a home birth is less costly than a hospital birth. And midwives also deliver in hospitals and birthing centers. If there are any birthing centers near you, contact them for advice. Good luck.
__________________
DS born 8-15-2011!
JadeScarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
silverstar91579's Avatar
silverstar91579
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 137
This silly dr said there's a 6% chance of uterine rupture. So I asked him isn't a 94% chance at no uterine rupture worth the try and he said no his insurance would not allow him to. I have called both hospitals in the area and talked to the head labor and delivery nurses and they both say vbac are allowed in there hospitals I am now 26 weeks pregnant and I will continue to go see my perinatologist for my diabetes. But now my plan is to just go into active labor show up at the hospital and hope someone will help me deliver. I never realized the frustration I was gonna have to go through
silverstar91579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #26
silverstar91579's Avatar
silverstar91579
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 137
I have done my research and I know the risks and possible complications and I know a csection may have to be. But I at least want the chance to try that's all I am asking for
silverstar91579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #27
Emmers22185's Avatar
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 1,613
Re: Can i be denied a try to vbac

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar91579 View Post
I have done my research and I know the risks and possible complications and I know a csection may have to be. But I at least want the chance to try that's all I am asking for
I couldn't read this thread and not comment. First, . I have been struggling with the same thing- no one wanted to let me vba2c this time around, but I contacted some mamas on facebook in a local cloth diapering group and asked for suggestions, contacted ICAN, and talked to a friend who is a local doula and finally found someone who is at least a little receptive to a vba2c, but I too, am still worried that my OB will try to push a c-section in the end. I have a real problem with finding doctors who say "yes", but then the very next week say "no". Drives me nuts. Hope you get the VBA2C you are seeking.
__________________
Emily, wife to D , most of the time SAHM, part time sign language interpreter
Mama to S 5/29/09, A 1/27/11, H 11/16/12, C 11/6/14, and .
Emmers22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #28
jaelynsmommy61607's Avatar
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Everett,WA
Posts: 7,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar91579
I am sitting at an Obgyn office right now about to have a melt down this was my last option for a vbac friendly ob. And they r telling me no because I have 2 prior csections nobody will even give me the chance to try. I don't want this to be my last baby and if they cut me again I know that will make it harder the nexttime
Hugs! I'm having my 3rd at home because I cannot find a Dr willing to do a vba2c! What state are you in? Have you joined ican? 6% is bs!
__________________
Jessica-Mommy
Jaelyn(6-16-07) & Dominic (2-4-10)
HBA2C Damian(6-19-12)
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.