Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosey
Do you have a drive in theater in your area? My husband and I took our 2 year old and 5 month old recently and it was great. Our 2 year old was crazy and loud, but the chaos was well contained in our car and we didn't have to worry about bothering anyone else.
We do but it's a haul. We might have to di that.

Advertisement

__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #12
mom2LBJ's Avatar
mom2LBJ
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: on the mat, TX
Posts: 6,094
My Mood:
Re: LO's and movie theaters

At a $1 movie, yes. Anyone who goes into a child's movie at $1 a ticket during the summer should be expecting small children in the theater. Now a late night showing, adult movie at full price, yeah rude.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #13
Goosey's Avatar
Goosey
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 112
My Mood:
Re: LO's and movie theaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
We do but it's a haul. We might have to di that.
If you do go, be smarter than we were about snacks. We brought chocolate covered pretzels and my car looked like a crime scene the next morning with toddler chocolate handprints all over the windows!
Goosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #14
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosey

If you do go, be smarter than we were about snacks. We brought chocolate covered pretzels and my car looked like a crime scene the next morning with toddler chocolate handprints all over the windows!
Ooo good idea! I would hate chocolate hand prints all over my tan interior!
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #15
ajane's Avatar
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 16,101
My Mood:
Mine have always gone. I took them as babies on up. 12-18 months were the most difficult, but we got through it and they learned. I'm always armed with plenty of treats.....popcorn, m&m's, fruit snacks, suckers, and juice boxes or lemonade. DS is 2 1/2 and is good now. He knows that if he isn't quiet then we have to walk out.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
sahm to 3 little women and 1 little man who keep me extremely busy and take all of my time away from here!
I have LOTS of toys to sell....My Little Pony, Fisher Price ramp & speedway, Littlest Pet Shop, you name it I probably have it! PM me!
ajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #16
ajane's Avatar
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 16,101
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack
Not before they can sit still and quietly. I for one find it rude and disrespectful to take them before they can do both of those things. I paid to watch a movie not to listen to some little child.
I've noticed adults are worse than kids. They are on their phones with the light lighting up at least 3 rows, they talk during it, they cough and hack, there have even been a few times recently where a lady had to explain everything to the person next to her.

If you don't take kids, then how will they learn how to act? If you don't want to pay to hear kids then don't go to a kids movie.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
sahm to 3 little women and 1 little man who keep me extremely busy and take all of my time away from here!
I have LOTS of toys to sell....My Little Pony, Fisher Price ramp & speedway, Littlest Pet Shop, you name it I probably have it! PM me!
ajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #17
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane

I've noticed adults are worse than kids. They are on their phones with the light lighting up at least 3 rows, they talk during it, they cough and hack, there have even been a few times recently where a lady had to explain everything to the person next to her.

If you don't take kids, then how will they learn how to act? If you don't want to pay to hear kids then don't go to a kids movie.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I agree with this. My original question was about the kids movies for a Buck. I would never take a toddler to a full price movie, that is asking for trouble. I also would be mortified if my DD acted up in a full Price movie.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #18
psylion's Avatar
psylion
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 1,565
For a kids movie you'll probably be fine. I once took 3 y.o. DD to see a decidedly adult movie at an art house theater and someone complained because she's rattled the wrapper of her snack, she didn't talk or move just crinkled a little. we had to leave. Thats why I have seen very few adult movies in the pay few years.
My most disruptive movie going experience was when I went to see the Decedents. There was a clearly hard of hearing possibly Alzheimer's lady there basically screaming asking stupid questions f the an she was with. He never once told her to quiet down even though everyone ET turning around and gaming daggers them. Since I only get to see a movie 1-2 a year wen someone agrees to babysit I was very angry. I guess ow that I'm having twinsI'm will never again see adult movie in the theater.
__________________
Alanna is Mama to DD Sequoia (8/8/07), DS Callum (12/12/12) DKitties Syd & Emily (4/4/03)
psylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #19
ulawolf's Avatar
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 3,499
For kids movies or $1 movies sure but i cant stand when parents take their babies and toddlers to older kid or adult movies in the evening. Especially if they are crying or talking loud through the movie.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #20
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylion
For a kids movie you'll probably be fine. I once took 3 y.o. DD to see a decidedly adult movie at an art house theater and someone complained because she's rattled the wrapper of her snack, she didn't talk or move just crinkled a little. we had to leave. Thats why I have seen very few adult movies in the pay few years.
My most disruptive movie going experience was when I went to see the Decedents. There was a clearly hard of hearing possibly Alzheimer's lady there basically screaming asking stupid questions f the an she was with. He never once told her to quiet down even though everyone ET turning around and gaming daggers them. Since I only get to see a movie 1-2 a year wen someone agrees to babysit I was very angry. I guess ow that I'm having twinsI'm will never again see adult movie in the theater.
Yeah see I am in the same boat, I have not had a movie night as an adult since my YDD came 16m ago. We have an 11y so I getting used to being an adult. I know when ODD was young they didn't have these movie things.

BTW, you having to leave over a crinkle of a wrapper was bull. I'm sorry people can be so rude. Its like they forget they were a child to and that they may have acted the same way. Anyways. Congrats on twins.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.