Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
mamaroach
Registered Users

Edited to complete post - my fat fongers hit the send button. LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't flame me since I've been reading that there's a lot of mama love for the Ergo. But I haven't truly found that love yet for mine because , well... I don't find that the Ergo is ergonomic for me. I get the worse middle back pains after even wearing it for the shortest amount of time and my dd is only 12 weeks old and 11 pounds. I can't be the only one. Does anyone else feel the same way? Can someone tell me what I'm possibly doing wrong that is causing the back pains? Btw, the pinching pains are right where your bra closure would be on your back. And no, it's not my bra rubbing on my back either.

Advertisement

Last edited by mamaroach; 05-04-2012 at 08:33 PM.
mamaroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
mamaroach
Registered Users

GEESH! *fingers* NOT fongers
Old 05-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not quite loving the Ergo... May need help?

I really don't like my ergo for front carries. not comfortable at all. I prefer a beco or baby hawk mt for front carries. I really only like the ergo for back carries though I like my boba better (ergo is DH's carrier now).
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
leeannie8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure what is causing you the back discomfort but I don't like Ergo's for front carries either. I love my Beco 4G and like my Beco butterfly for the front. Prefer a Boba or my Beco 4G for the back. My Ergo just fit me weird and caused me weird pains all over my body!

Live in or around Colorado or not? Check out my money saving blog here.
leeannie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried playing around with it? Wearing it higher on your waist or lower on your hips? Loosening the chest strap? Loosening or tightening the side straps. It shouldn't be causing you pain. I would keep trying a bit before giving up on it.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
deadducky112
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree you need to play around with it. I experienced the same thing when I first starting using it. I finally got a good fit after adjusting the straps and moving the band in the back higher. Once you get it all adjusted correctly it wont hurt anymore. One thing I dont like about it is that I have to do that all over again if my hubby uses it since he changes it to fit his body.
deadducky112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #7
Mamaseitz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I wonder if your body is compensating for it not fitting you and your lo right? I think you're supposed to use the insert for under 15 lbs and 4 months. I had one and it just didn't feel right on my body. I couldn't get lo tight and high enough but also didn't use the infant insert. I got a beco Gemini on the fsot, and love it! It fits tight and seems a better match for my body. I got it before I got rid of the ergo in case I didn't like it and then sold the ergo. Good luck!
Mamaseitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
mamaroach
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaseitz
I wonder if your body is compensating for it not fitting you and your lo right? I think you're supposed to use the insert for under 15 lbs and 4 months. I had one and it just didn't feel right on my body. I couldn't get lo tight and high enough but also didn't use the infant insert. I got a beco Gemini on the fsot, and love it! It fits tight and seems a better match for my body. I got it before I got rid of the ergo in case I didn't like it and then sold the ergo. Good luck!
Yeah, you could be right. That's what I'm thinking too. Just like everything else in life, I don't think it's possible that one carrier can be truly made to fit everyone perfectly. And We're using the infant insert too.

Thank you all for the feedback, Mamas. I'm going to try adjusting the straps more to see if I can make it work. If not, I guess I'll be investing in another carrier. Man, I'd only these things didn't cost so much.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
Ecdyses
Registered Users
seller

Every body is different and while I loved the ergo for front carries, it didn't work on my back. Can you borrow another carrier through a local babywearing group or rental store to see if something else will work better?

For young babies, angelpacks are great, or infant kinderpacks. You don't need inserts for those, Which help with the fit.

You could also post a pic on the TBW forums, lots of mamas there can troubleshoot your fit and make suggestions from a picture.

Good luck!
Ecdyses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
emensa
Registered Users
seller

I find mine is only comfortable if the hip strap is really really tight, and the shoulder straps are fairly tight as well. LO is ~12lbs, and she fits just fine without the H2H insert, though.
emensa is offline   Reply With Quote