Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #21
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes!!! We had two losses before ds1 and then 3 in a row after him. What a sad lonely time that was. We had all the testing possible done and everything came back normal, unexplained secondary infertility was the diagnosis.

Our RE came up with a plan to try using clomid to better egg quality and shorten my cycle a little bit (my cycles were and still are on the lengthy side of normal, about 36 days).

I took clomid on days 3-8, had a couple of ultrasounds to see how the eggs were maturing and when they were mature enough, I had an hcg trigger shot to ensure ovulation. Shortly after, I can't remember the amount of hours, we did an IUI with dhs fresh sperm.

12 days later, we had a bfp.

They monitered my hcg closely and tested progesterone and I had a couple of early ultrasounds.

About 9 months later, our healthy ds2 was born.

It was 18 months of hell trying to conceive and losing baby after baby but we grew a lot and we are ever grateful for the gift of our children.

We've since had another lo, dd1, and I had no loses between ds2 and dd.

it's a tough road to travel.
Without my faith I would have been alot worse off, it helped knowing that I have a loving father in heaven and that he could help new through the pain and keep my hope alive

Advertisement

5 angels in my heart always

Last edited by smblake; 04-30-2012 at 08:37 PM.
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #22
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone with 3 or more losses in a row and then success?

Melissa- can I be very personal and ask around when your losses occurred?
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #23
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl
Melissa- can I be very personal and ask around when your losses occurred?
No worries.

1st, missed m/c, I was supposed to be 12 weeks and baby was only 9 with no hb. We waited a few days for things to happen naturally but I couldn't handle it emotionally, so following another u/s to confirm no hb, I had a d&c.

2nd, I was about 6 weeks, miscarried naturally

3rd, ds1

4th, I was 6 weeks, ds1 was just 11 months old. I miscarried naturally.

5th, I was 8.5 weeks, ds1 was 13 months old. I miscarried naturally, it was my must painful loss both physically and mentally. I wanted to give up after losing our lo. We took a couple months off from ttc.

6th, I was about 6.5 weeks, ds1 was about 19 months old. Miscarried naturally.

7th, ds2, ds1 was 26 months when we conceived and almost 3 when he was born.

8th, dd, ds2 was 19 months when we conceived and almost 2.5 when she was born.

So 7.5 years of actively trying to get pregnant, 8 pregnancies, 3 beautiful babies on earth and 5 little angels in my heart always.

Last edited by smblake; 05-03-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #24
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry you had to go through that. I kind of expect that I will go through more losses but mine were later so I was curious if what you did would help me but I don't know that it will.

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #25
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl
Thank you for sharing. I am sorry you had to go through that. I kind of expect that I will go through more losses but mine were later so I was curious if what you did would help me but I don't know that it will.

Mama, I have read your journey and I am so inspired by your strength, every baby is ababy no matter how long carried, but I know that suffering through second trimester, or later losses would be much harder for me. Many prayers and hugs for you.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #26
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
Mama, I have read your journey and I am so inspired by your strength, every baby is ababy no matter how long carried, but I know that suffering through second trimester, or later losses would be much harder for me. Many prayers and hugs for you.
I don't know that it's harder- I think it's more that the agony is drawn out if that makes any sense. The loss is the same, just that every day feels like a thousand so going for weeks or months longer makes it challenging.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #27
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Yes here, also. Loss #1 was early, and we grieved, of course, but chalked it up to pure random chance -- early m/c rates are about 1 in 4, they say, after all. Loss #2 was at 14 1/2 weeks, though. Again my OB attributed it to pure random chance -- a chromosomal issue, most likely -- and said the odds against a loss at that stage were so low that the odds of it ever happening again were practically astronomical. When we lost our third at almost exactly the same point in pregnancy as the 2nd, that was a red flag that it was *not* random. At that point we had all of the testing done and found that I have APS, so the next time around, I started baby aspirin while ttc, then progesterone and daily Lovenox injections immediately upon first faint positive hpt. I lost baby #4 too, though, that time at 7 weeks, the day before we were supposed to have a heartbeat check ultrasound.

The 5th time around, my OB put me on Clomid to try to improve egg quality, on the theory that the 2 early losses were likely chromosomal. Everything else we did the same as we did for loss #4. And whether it's the Clomid, or the whole package, or just the sheer grace of God, this time it FINALLY worked. I logged on here today to come share our good news -- I gave birth to our miracle baby, a healthy little boy, on Mother's Day morning

Hang in there, mama. It's *so* tough, having loss after loss after loss, and not knowing what to do. The only thing that kept me going was taking them one at a time, and asking myself each time, 'Can I bear just ONE more loss, for the chance of a healthy child?' Each time the answer was still yes, so we kept trying. I wouldn't wish the emotional roller coaster of the past few years on anyone, but I'm so grateful now that we kept trying despite everything.
Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #28
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes. Lost 2 before dd1 and then 3 between dd1 and ds. Then 2 between ds and dd2.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #29
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardenne View Post
I logged on here today to come share our good news -- I gave birth to our miracle baby, a healthy little boy, on Mother's Day morning
Oh, what an AMAZING mother's day gift! I am beyond excited for you!!! I've followed your story for a while, and I'm just so SO happy for you!!! Congrats!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #30
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Thank you, Erica! I wanted to come back and update, because I made so many friends on this board and I know they'd want to know, but I also know how painful it is to still be waiting, so I wanted to do it sensitively.... I've written and given up on a half dozen posts already. I guess I need to just do it already
Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote