Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #11
Mamaseitz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think my dd needs more, she's a peanut. 6 mo, 13 lbs, she just started solids this week I think I need to try the egg yolk and avocado and coconut oil and less veggies? She nurses on demand about 10 times in 24 hours, a few of those are just to help her fall asleep though

Advertisement

Mamaseitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
ikitakunai
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeding schedule for a 6 1/2 month old

My 6.5mo nurses on demand and occasionally tastes solids such as a slice of avocado, banana, broccoli... My girl is little too, so I want to make sure she gets all the milk she wants.

Babies don't need anything else before around a year, regardless of weight. Solids are just for fun, practice, and learning! There is no food that has a better proportion of nutrients for your baby at her current age than your current milk.
BF #1-31mos / #2-29mos & counting
ikitakunai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
triplem_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can anyone recommend a source for information on how much a 7-month-old should be eating? A friend of a friend works in a childcare center and they feel a BF'ed 7-month-old should have more food and BM than mom is sending (pretty sure I know who mom is, and she is very well-educated when it comes to BFing, etc). The childcare center wants information from a doctor or reputable source. And no, they haven't spoken to the mother about this. Grr..
Old 05-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplem_mom
Can anyone recommend a source for information on how much a 7-month-old should be eating? A friend of a friend works in a childcare center and they feel a BF'ed 7-month-old should have more food and BM than mom is sending (pretty sure I know who mom is, and she is very well-educated when it comes to BFing, etc). The childcare center wants information from a doctor or reputable source. And no, they haven't spoken to the mother about this. Grr..
A bf baby needs 1-1.5oz per hour that he/she is away from mom. Solids aren't even necessary at that age so 1 jar would be plenty.

ETA: I'm on my phone but Kellymom is a good source.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
triplem_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
A bf baby needs 1-1.5oz per hour that he/she is away from mom. Solids aren't even necessary at that age so 1 jar would be plenty.

ETA: I'm on my phone but Kellymom is a good source.
Thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
hollydawn
Registered Users
seller

My almost 7 month old nurses 10-12 times per 24 hours. 3 or 4 of those feedings are during the middle of the night. I offer solids twice a day. 2 oz of fruit with oatmeal inte morning and 2 oz of veggie at diner time. He's pretty hit and miss with the solids.
hollydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
nicolejshannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for all the input mamas. I wasn't sure if I was sending enough in bottles to daycare/feeding her enough so I appreciate all the help.