Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #41
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
speaking of nourishing traditions I believe it has recipes that you can make that are cheaper using organ meats in about 100 different ways organ meats tend to be cheaper and loaded with nutrition

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #42
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Organic grocery budget for family of 5

Do you have an organic CSA in your area you could join? That usually saves a lot. Also if you are bread eaters, making your own bread is much cheaper, I get almost all my bread making supplies from Azure. We only eat meat once a week or so and rarely red meat unless it's game that DH has shot and is in the freezer. We have gotten into eating a lot of lentil dishes in place of meat. You may also want to think of other ways to free up money in your budget to go towards food. Most Americans spend a very small percentage of their income on food compared to other countries. Our family is on the more extreme end of this, we have no cable, no monthly cell phone bill. very large portion of our income goes to food. For a lot of people we know they " could not do without" these things. We would not be ale to eat organic if we did pay for those.
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #43
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama

lol I loooove nourishing traditions I came across it when my milk never came in two Years ago I made dd the raw milk formula still do actually nice to see someone (outside the yahoo group) that knows about it!
There's a Nourishing Traditions monthly thread on here somewhere. It's not super active so often times I forget to subscribe each month. I'll try to find it & link back here.

ETA: Here ya go!
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1381545

Last edited by TPLmommy; 05-07-2012 at 11:23 AM.
TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #44
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLmommy

There's a Nourishing Traditions monthly thread on here somewhere. It's not super active so often times I forget to subscribe each month. I'll try to find it & link back here.

ETA: Here ya go!
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1381545
great thanks! are you on the yahoo group?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #45
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama

great thanks! are you on the yahoo group?
No I'm not...I'll have to check it out. I have heard the GAPS yahoo group is great too.
TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #46
gauchainla
Registered Users
seller

Such good feedback! I've since had to severely restrict my diet to paleo with no nuts or dairy so just when I thought I was getting a handle on things with a massive amount of beans and rice from azure it's back to the drawing board...

Love the advice and will look into gaps and nourishing traditions

Thanks ladies!
gauchainla is offline   Reply With Quote