Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #21
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

I'm from California, live in BC now, And can tell you that shipping to the US has always been cheaper for me than shipping within Canada.
I paid nearly $13 ($12.87, I believe) to ship 2 gDiapers WITHIN the province. Same package, same day at the PO, cost me $5.97 to ship to Ohio.

I use the US eBay site for selling, and order from retailers in the US that offer cheap shipping up here (Kissed by the Moon and Sew Crafty Baby are awesome). I feel bad to not keep the business in Canada, but I also hate feeling like I'm being taken advantage of. CP is ridiculously expensive.

Advertisement

CAaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #22
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Canadian shipping

Well, that doesn't bother me so much as Canadian retailers who charge US and International orders an arm and a leg, when I know how much cheaper it is to ship.

Maybe they're trying to make up the difference for the Canadian shipping, I dunno. I wouldn't feel right charging my fellow Canadians more for shipping either, but the facts are there. I wish online shoppers in Canada would realize how expensive shipping is, they are always the ones who moan and groan the most about shipping costs, and yet they should know how much it costs us small business owners just to ship their orders to them. My profit margin on my canadian orders are about $5-$10 less than any other country. I think that CP really, really needs to re-evaluate, and something needs to be done. It's just not even fair.
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #23
ATallGiraffe
Registered Users
Formerly: janny17
seller
seller

Shipping within Canada is outrageous, however, unless I am shipping something small to the States, shipping is still outrageous to the States. I shipped a package to the States that would have cost half the price shipping within Canada, but I have a flat rate, so I eat up the cost. Unless there is another way to ship larger parcels to the States that am not aware of, shipping is a lot.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #24
otxena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What is considered. "letter mail"?
otxena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #25
3babesandadane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by otxena
What is considered. "letter mail"?
If it fits through the 2cm plastic measuring thingy at the PO, and less than 500 grams it can go letter mail. Not sure what the max length and width dimensions are but I've been fine with a really really long envelope that had to be 13 inches at least and 8 inches wide. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 06-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #26
jmk1982
Registered Users
seller

What retailers does everyone order from on the US? Are there duties and taxes when they come over the boarder new?
I have order a lot from Baby Steals but have never had to pay any DT's....
A number of times I have seen great deals in the States we just can't get here.
jmk1982 is offline   Reply With Quote