Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of May 7th

I start birth control tomorrow!!! lol! So weird since I have been off since 2005.

Advertisement

jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer- crazy night sounds like with the alarm and all.

Jacqueline- wahoo, exciting stuff!

I am staying away from the thread you all have been discussing, if I read I would have to say something.

AFM- 3rd day at the beach and we are having a wonderful time. Hope you all are doing well.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #13
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hubby went back to the GI doc again today. They said he's having another flare up and they wanted him to go back on the medicine that killed everything last year. He told the guy no. I was shocked. Last year, he just took what the dr said and we had to put things on hold. He told him, I'm tired of waiting, we're not getting any younger (not that we're that old but it seems to get harder the older we get) and he is ready for another baby now. Total shock to me and the dr too. So dr looked up some stuff and at some other drugs, said he can take something else that isn't as good but should keep it in check for a little while longer and buy him some time to find out what other drugs he can use that don't kill swimmers. So we're still on! I'm so excited. I was worried about today. Now if my body will just cooperate.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What thread are you all talking about?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #15
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

slimy, WOW! big news for you all!

I hope I don't get side effects from the birth control....sigh....but I will just do what I have to do I guess. We should hear back about our financing this week. I'm sure we will be fine with getting it but it is a big step to just know that is taken care of.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82 View Post
slimy, WOW! big news for you all!

I hope I don't get side effects from the birth control....sigh....but I will just do what I have to do I guess. We should hear back about our financing this week. I'm sure we will be fine with getting it but it is a big step to just know that is taken care of.
Are you getting a loan? We still haven't quite figured out financing. Our clinic gave us a place that we could go through. I am also applying to try to get the cost of meds reduced.

Congratulations on moving ahead!!! It is exciting!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #17
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

What do you mean getting the cost of the meds reduced?

Yes we are getting a medical loan.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #18
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82 View Post
What do you mean getting the cost of the meds reduced?

Yes we are getting a medical loan.
It is through Fertility Lifelines. The program is the Compassionate Care Program, though I am having trouble finding an application online for it- and it has been super tough getting through to them on the phone. My RE told me about it.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #19
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Susan- It is in the News and Current Events Forum.

Updated to here.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #20
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last night was kind of a break through for me emotionally. I spent a little time on the nursery. That has been a hard room for me to go into, and it's been a cluttered cleaning nightmare for a while. We moved ds out of it when he was 3 to get it ready for a new baby. We got the room painted and then in the middle of all the construction type mess my dh had in there, I lost the baby. I have just kept the room closed up for the last 6 months because I haven't been able to deal with going in there. My due date would have been last week, and I'm finally ready to move on and accept the fact that I"m still not pregnant and deal with the room. It was a big accomplishment for me just to clean up the paint marks off the floor and put away 1 box of stuff that was sitting out. I've left the door open so I can try and remember to do a few things in there each night so it isn't so overwhelming. I'm finally figuring out that i can move on. I'm still struggling with the fact that 3 SILs and I all got pregnant with in a month of eachother, and they all have babies to hold (or almost have one here) and I am still empty. But it doesn't hurt as bitterly now, so that is progress. Even with the good news for dh last night, that still doesn't overcome the core problem with us having another because it's always been me that has the issue, dh having to take meds just is what made it impossible. So as good as that is, I'm starting to mentally prepare for the fact that DS might be an only child. And as bad as I want another, and as much as we're going to keep trying, I"m starting to be alright with the idea of only having one. Not happy, not at peace, but not bitterly disappointed either. It's small progress, but at least it's progress.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote