Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #71
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gifts for teachers?

I made a shirt, volunteered to watch the class for an hour so the teacher could have a kid free lunch, which the parents bought, and later this week i am giving all the teachers little goodie bags full of hershey's kisses and hugs, with a note that says, " a teacher can't live on apples alone, sometimes she needs some hugs and kisses"

Advertisement

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #72
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
I made a shirt, volunteered to watch the class for an hour so the teacher could have a kid free lunch, which the parents bought, and later this week i am giving all the teachers little goodie bags full of hershey's kisses and hugs, with a note that says, " a teacher can't live on apples alone, sometimes she needs some hugs and kisses"
That's cool! I wish we would be allowed to let a parent do that here! We are not allowed to leave the class with anyone but a certified teacher or sub.

Honestly, what I like best are letters, esp ones written by the children themselves. I have saved them all.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #73
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
That's cool! I wish we would be allowed to let a parent do that here! We are not allowed to leave the class with anyone but a certified teacher or sub.

Honestly, what I like best are letters, esp ones written by the children themselves. I have saved them all.
He is in a private school so i think that is how/why they can do that, but i must say about 15 minutes in i was thinking this was a crazy idea! Everyone survived and weused up a bunch of coloring sheets hehe

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #74
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

I typically will bring home baked goods, my family eats it. I am sensitive to scents, so many bath/body and candles I can't use. I give to dh to take to work and put in the break room. I feel bad, but someone will use it then.

To be honest, I'd be over the moon if I got some Expo markers or cap erasers or even pencils!!!!

Personal messages are the best, though!
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #75
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is what I ended up doing for the teachers. The flower pot is a dozen flowers for dd's main teacher (3 pencils, 3 red pens, 3 blue pens, and 3 black pens). The cup has the flowers for dd's 'extra' teachers - art, music teacher who is out on maternity leave, music substitute teacher, guidance, library, and PE. There is one missing because when dd came home from school she wanted a flower for the school nurse since it is nurses week.

Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #76
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

This year for teacher appreciation week, each got flower pencils (one kid says they look like roses, the other says tulips...and I suck at telling flowers apart, but they *do* look kinda flowery ), notepads that say "Take 'note', you're one of my very favorite teachers! Thanks for a great school year!", and candy coated mini-oreos that are supposed to look like apples.

At Christmas, they got crayon letters (just a link because I forgot to take pics), $10 wal-mart gift cards, and each got to pick a few things for the classroom that they needed...I usually ask them to make a list of a few things, then get as much from it as I can. DS's kindergarten teacher wanted board games, floor puzzles, and books, DD's pre-k teacher wanted dress up things (they got superhero capes & masks, tutus, and dinosaur tails) and books.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #77
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

We did a gift certificate to a spa for a massage for DS's teacher this year.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #78
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianna'sMommy View Post
Here is what I ended up doing for the teachers. The flower pot is a dozen flowers for dd's main teacher (3 pencils, 3 red pens, 3 blue pens, and 3 black pens). The cup has the flowers for dd's 'extra' teachers - art, music teacher who is out on maternity leave, music substitute teacher, guidance, library, and PE. There is one missing because when dd came home from school she wanted a flower for the school nurse since it is nurses week.

Oh My Goodness!!! Those are soooo fabulous! You are so nice to think of the extra teachers!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #79
JustJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I ordered DSs 2 preK teachers monogrammed key chains from Turning heads boutique on etsy. Super cute (I think!). May also get main teacher some tea or something else small.
JustJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #80
tommymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashersmomoo View Post
We did a gift certificate to a spa for a massage for DS's teacher this year.
Thats what we're doing too. I mean he's been with her for two years and she actually rode in the ambulance with him when he had a seizure at school. I was going to do a candle, a nice CD and then a gift card to Massage Envy.
tommymommy is offline   Reply With Quote