Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #41
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
I can't imagine a 3-year-old in foster care. My DD whos three can't even handle it when I feed her breakfast instead of dad, or someone different has to put her to bed. All that uncertainty and upheaval would be interesting to say the least.

Advertisement

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #42
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May we all be blessed with children this month - let's chat about it...

My 3 year old is the same way, I mean she missed swim lessons last week because she screamed the entire 30 minutes because dh opened her door instead of me. I really do understand why he is this way, it's just still hard. I fear I have less patience pregnant, but I try to remind myself that anyone would struggle with this and it's ok that I do sometimes. Right now he's missing swim lessons because of how out of control he was today (I can't and won't take him in public like this) and he's such an angel. I think he may be needing some more one on one time which is hard with all the visits and appointments going on right now but we'll have to work on that.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #43
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Must. Not. Drown. In. Paperwork. And. Logistics.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #44
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

It wont last forever mama! Im sorry you are struggling. Iwill be so worth it!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #45
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13
It wont last forever mama! Im sorry you are struggling. Iwill be so worth it!
I know it will be, and we are trying to cling to the excitement and savor this time. It was just a ridiculously tough day where I spent hours and hours making photocopies, signing documents, dealing with incompetent bank personnel, and generally losing my mind. I am not a type A person. This kind of stuff makes me feel like I'm suffocating. I just want to spend my time talking to our expectant mom, washing baby clothes, and thinking of baby names.

On a super positive note, we found an incredible connection with a church where we are going and they are going to try to find us some free housing for while we are there. Such an amazing blessing right now.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #46
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What a wonderful blessing! That's awesome.

I think I've found the way to get dfs a little bit calmer. He thinks I'm the one keeping him from his parents. So we called our worker and got her to explain it over the phone. Best I could do with the short time but it seems to have helped as he isn't screaming at me this morning, just picking fights with dd. Hopefully she'll come out next week and sit him down and that will just be more help. Sounds like just a few more weeks to go! Of course we'll have to wait and see but I'm so excited for them, I think they really need to be home at this point as home is safe and they are so little.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #47
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

I hear ya. When you get to the end of reunification and all you are waiting for is red tape...it's like get these kids home where they belong. Everyone just wants it to be over, bios, kids, caseworkers, foster parents. When you know they are ready and everyone will be safe, the waiting games just sucks for everybody.

I realized the other day that my foster daughter thought the same...that I was the one calling the shots on when and where she saw her mom. Not good...I ironed that one out real quick.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #48
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We spent tonight filling out the adoption subsidy paperwork. OMG it was so hard! It is hard to think of everything, and find the exact costs of things like wardrobe and expenses.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #49
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
We spent tonight filling out the adoption subsidy paperwork. OMG it was so hard! It is hard to think of everything, and find the exact costs of things like wardrobe and expenses.
So you're joining me in paperwork hell then???

Such a special place.

Some amazing things happened today for us though. We have FREE housing lined up for when we travel as well as transportation from the airport if I need it. Also so additional help lined up to get expectant mom to her dr. appointments and to befriend her and support her. Good stuff all around.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #50
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup. Paperwork hell. Our attorney filed for a court date this week, so hopefully our paperwork hell will be done in the next month!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote