Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stiches 5 days pp

I had a small 2nd deg tear that the mw stiched up. It didn't bother me at first but now the area really burns, esp when I pee. The tucks pads and hydrocortizone cream help. Is this normal or is something wrong?

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Completely normal..its healing and sore..and irritated. I had the same problem. Use the peri bottle to squirt water as you pee..
Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
mountainmommy
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stiches 5 days pp

A Sitz bath can help with healing. Most herb shops and health food stores carry a nice blend of healing herbs to add to it. Soaking in the sitz bath helped me heal from a tear with my oldest dd. They have them at most drug stores.
mountainmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stiches 5 days pp

For me, it gets more uncomfortable as it heals. It starts to itch too. It's annoying. With my last, I was so swollen when they stitched me up that as my swelling went down, the stitches got loose and started to "catch" and pull on me as I would sit down. Ouch! I had to go in and have some of them removed about a week after my delivery. No fun!

I hope you heal quickly.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
hmedina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yep that's definitely normal unfortunately. Also you can use that spray dermoplast that they sell at Walmart. That helps relieve the pain. That and using tucks and always remember that sitz bottle. It'll be probably about 3 weeks before your body starts getting close to normal again (with the bleeding and all). More or less. Everyone is different.