Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #21
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by regenolds
MW said I had a lot of amniotic fluid and now it feels like I have a big fish in my belly flipping all over. I hope its not like with fish when they have a bigger tank they grow bigger than if the tank were smaller!
Haha that made me laugh! My mom and grandma both had excessive fluid for one of their pregnancies, and had babies really small (5 something) and average (7 something I think). I am expecting to have excess fluid for one of my pregnancies since it seems genetic.

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
Zanne
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekly chat May 7th- may 13th

Yay! Passed my glucose test today, my iron levels look good, and no more UTI!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #23
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanne
Yay! Passed my glucose test today, my iron levels look good, and no more UTI!
Yay!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Are we all on facebook or are some people only here? Well, since I'm not sure...OB visit went well. Had my usual initial high BP that was fine when rechecked. And since I woke up early today and ate earlier, I needed my snack before the visit. All I had with me was a chocolate protein bar. I figured I had sugar in my pee when the nurse started asking me what I had for breakfast. So I told her about the protein bar. He didn't seem too concerned given the situation. Probably wouldn't have looked good if I was shakey from hypoglycemia. Measured right at 32 cm so all is well. He checked again and still feels head down. Somehow I feel like he does more education with his patients who are not doctors but at the same time, I don't really have any questions that I can't find out before my visits. He thinks she won't make it to the 9 lbs range. I told him I'm hoping exercise will keep her in the 8 lbs range, which he called "just a little big." LOL! Not for my family!
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Does anyone else find the spinning babies website confusing and disorganized? I spent a while looking at it the other day, and it really freaked me out and confused me. It made me worried because it made me think I am pretty much doomed to have a posterior baby again (because of several factors it listed, like having an OP baby last time, having an anterior placenta, etc.) unless I do certain exercises and other things all the time, but I had trouble figuring out what exactly I am supposed to do. :P At least the inversion one had a video, so I get that one. Now I am really worried.
Yes, it is confusing. The info is great but it is terrible to navigate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77 View Post
Are we all on facebook or are some people only here? Well, since I'm not sure...OB visit went well. Had my usual initial high BP that was fine when rechecked. And since I woke up early today and ate earlier, I needed my snack before the visit. All I had with me was a chocolate protein bar. I figured I had sugar in my pee when the nurse started asking me what I had for breakfast. So I told her about the protein bar. He didn't seem too concerned given the situation. Probably wouldn't have looked good if I was shakey from hypoglycemia. Measured right at 32 cm so all is well. He checked again and still feels head down. Somehow I feel like he does more education with his patients who are not doctors but at the same time, I don't really have any questions that I can't find out before my visits. He thinks she won't make it to the 9 lbs range. I told him I'm hoping exercise will keep her in the 8 lbs range, which he called "just a little big." LOL! Not for my family!
I'm not on the Facebook group. I really just prefer to talk to DS people on DS.

Great news from your OB! Mine doesn't spend a lot of time educating me, either, but I love to read and educate myself on birth so she maybe she just doesn't see the need to. Levi was 8 lbs 7 ozs and a piece of cake to birth. I do want to find out more at my appointment next week though, like how i am measuring and what my OB thinks about position (this baby flips like crazy, I feel hiccups all over!). I am predicting a small-to-average baby (7-8 lbs) but nothing would surprise me.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not on Facebook either so if it's not posted here I dont know about it.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #27
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Haha that made me laugh! My mom and grandma both had excessive fluid for one of their pregnancies, and had babies really small (5 something) and average (7 something I think). I am expecting to have excess fluid for one of my pregnancies since it seems genetic.
Oooooh, maybe I will get a smaller one then! I'm measuring right where I should be and it seems like I would be bigger if I have too much fluid. I'll just have to get off my butt more and exercise!

And I think spinningbabies is hard too. A lot of the things are supposed to help during labor too. So do you bring your laptop with you to your birth?
But don't be discouraged about having a previous OP and anterior placenta. I had both those going for me last time and baby had turned to the best position when I woke up in labor. I was going to the chiro at that point so I'm not sure if that helped or if labor just got baby into the right position.

Last edited by regenolds; 05-09-2012 at 05:42 PM.
regenolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #28
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I have done the forward inversion maneuver to encourage her to go from OP to OA...hasn't worked yet but I get lovely head rushes and nasal congestion with all that blood flowing to my head. Anyone know when I should ask my DO colleague to do the webster technique? Should I wait til I'm closer to my due date (since I figure she might try to rotate back if I do it too soon).
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77 View Post
I have done the forward inversion maneuver to encourage her to go from OP to OA...hasn't worked yet but I get lovely head rushes and nasal congestion with all that blood flowing to my head. Anyone know when I should ask my DO colleague to do the webster technique? Should I wait til I'm closer to my due date (since I figure she might try to rotate back if I do it too soon).
I think they say the earlier the better since its more about balancing the ligaments so they fit in there better or OA. I went last baby and the baby would even turn transverse after the adjustment because I had so much room. He still did not get in the right position until I woke up in labor. Sorry, I just wrote all that a couple posts ago but thought it was applicable. Although I don't think it helped answer your question!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #30
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh, DH has Ben on leave for less then a week and I already need him to go. Ack to work! He is making my life so hard right now with the kids. They won't do what they are to.d and they don't listen to me. Today ODS didn't even do the chores that are his to do and DH and FIL took him to go buy treats at the store, right after I just said that he needed to come finish putting his clothes away and he told me he did. ODS lied to me and DH still bought him crap to eat (a candy and ice cream) and didn't even think to bring the other 2 kids or me anything. Sounds stupid I know but that is just one of the many things he has been doing this last week.