Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2007, 07:16 AM   #61
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I just cheap....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashley View Post
A product is only worth what someone is willing to pay. So are you annoyed that people PAY these prices and therefore they stay higher like this or are you annoyed with people that price them according to what they will sell for and are taking advantage of a resale value that works in their favor?

I for one am glad they hold their value because when I'm done diapering I'll get a portion of my investment back.

It's okay to be cheap, but don't fault everyone else for taking advantage of every deal they can find even if it's only $1 or $2.

Im not annoyed with any of it....Im just posting a thread stating that I couldnt understand why a person would try to sell for more than what they paid on used items. Im glad that I might make a few bucks back too when all is said and done....but Im not trying to make a profit here....and I feel that some people are. And by profit...I also mean...getting every cent back after using. Im not faulting anyone either...if thats their "thing" than they can pay whatever they want to for these dipes.

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2007, 08:40 AM   #62
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Why do people worry about this? If you don't like someone's price, or think it's too high, then don't buy it. You can offer less, they might say no. Threads like these always come up and it's usually the same people complaining about FSOT prices.

I don't think it's unreasonable to start asking a few dollars below new for an EUC item that's only been used once or twice when it includes shipping. I almost always buy new and that means I might buy something that everyone is raving about but it doesn't work for me. So should I lose a ton of money and stick on FSOT for super cheap because it didn't work for me? Should I sell things for a lot less than I paid just because I know there are people looking in FSOT that want cheap items and they may get annoyed with me when they see my listing? If it's practically new, why not try to recoop most of what I paid? If a person wants cheap, then they don't have to buy it.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #63
klindsey82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
Why do people worry about this? If you don't like someone's price, or think it's too high, then don't buy it. You can offer less, they might say no. Threads like these always come up and it's usually the same people complaining about FSOT prices.

I don't think it's unreasonable to start asking a few dollars below new for an EUC item that's only been used once or twice when it includes shipping. I almost always buy new and that means I might buy something that everyone is raving about but it doesn't work for me. So should I lose a ton of money and stick on FSOT for super cheap because it didn't work for me? Should I sell things for a lot less than I paid just because I know there are people looking in FSOT that want cheap items and they may get annoyed with me when they see my listing? If it's practically new, why not try to recoop most of what I paid? If a person wants cheap, then they don't have to buy it.

klindsey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #64
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow....I really didnt want this to turn into one of those threads!! Anyway.....I was just stating that some people are trying to make a profit!! Selling for higher than actual purchase price....adding shipping...and adding pp fees....I think thats ridiculous. I sometimes feel bad for people getting screwed over like that....but then I feel its their responsibility to "research" soooo to the people who have the money and are willing to pay full price for used items......more power to you!! I just wont do it.