Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan

The newer Radian chest clips (like what you have) are very similar to the Britax ones, so I'm not sure why you'd want to switch out...
Im pretty sure I have the older style, the grey with big bulky prongs. The Britax clips are smaller and slimmer and seem more comfortable for and infant.

Advertisement

__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
gagenivy's Avatar
gagenivy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 59
I wouldn't change it out. The seats and their parts are tested to work with the specific brand they are made for. It could not hold the straps properly (meaning twisting or not angling properly) when it is most needed.
gagenivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
jess71903's Avatar
jess71903
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 6,595
My Mood:
Re: Trading the radian chest clip for a britax one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagenivy View Post
I wouldn't change it out. The seats and their parts are tested to work with the specific brand they are made for. It could not hold the straps properly (meaning twisting or not angling properly) when it is most needed.
This is true for most things, but I know that Sunshine Kids approved the use of Britax chest clips on their Radians at one time. Like jjordan, I've not heard anyone ask to do that in a long time, so I don't know if that still stands or not. The RF tether D-rings are also interchangeable.
__________________

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
an_aurora's Avatar
an_aurora
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,425
I'd call Diono and ask. I know it was ok back with the old style seats, but Diono has a whole new set of rules for their seats, and I'd want confirmation from them.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #15
Dory's Avatar
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess71903
The RF tether D-rings are also interchangeable.
Good! Because I can't tell them apart.
__________________
I'm Incredible.
Mom to a girl - 6, a boy - 4, and Baby - 2
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora
I'd call Diono and ask. I know it was ok back with the old style seats, but Diono has a whole new set of rules for their seats, and I'd want confirmation from them.
My seat isn't Diono though so I'd think it would follow the old SK rules? I can call them but I thought I'd check here first since you gals are my go-to carseat know-it-alls.
__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
gagenivy's Avatar
gagenivy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 59
I asked on car-seat.org and yes, it used to be ok but not anymore.
gagenivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #18
jjordan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,810
Re: Trading the radian chest clip for a britax one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Im pretty sure I have the older style, the grey with big bulky prongs. The Britax clips are smaller and slimmer and seem more comfortable for and infant.
Is it like the one in the first picture here?

Or like the black one in this thread? (second-to-the-last picture)

If it's the first, then that is the "new" style. If it's the second, then that is the one that SK has in the past permitted to be replaced with a Britax chest clip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagenivy View Post
I asked on car-seat.org and yes, it used to be ok but not anymore.
That's not what they said in your thread. The two people who responded didn't know.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan

Is it like the one in the first picture here?

Or like the black one in this thread? (second-to-the-last picture)

If it's the first, then that is the "new" style. If it's the second, then that is the one that SK has in the past permitted to be replaced with a Britax chest.
It's the first, the grey. Thank you for finding that! So, am I not allowed to switch them out for the smaller Britax one since its the newer style? I just want to make sure I'm clear.
__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
It's the first, the grey.

Just to be clear: if the clip is the newer, grey style no switch is approved?
__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.