Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Impetigo in Diaper area only? HELP!

Anyone have this happen before? Did you have to do anything special (keep confined to a sheet, sterilize everything they touch, etc) if it is only under a diaper and was not touched by your DC? All the threads I found were in other areas and talked about sheets, etc, and it freaked me out a little. He is 20 months old and there is NO confining him whatsoever.

I think DS has this, he had some nasty poo that started a diaper rash ( he hardly gets them, and this just came on fast) It left red raised areas after the initial rash went away, so my initial thought was yeast. Started with some lotrimin, didn't help. This AM the bumps are yellow and look like blisters. I am going to bring him in tomorrow (cross your fingers that the navy clinic will squeeze him in ) but was wondering what I should do for today. As soon as I suspected yeast, I switched to prefolds so I could boil and bleach away.

What else should I be doing? During naptime I plan on scrubbing everything down *just in case* he happened to touch it, but I should be ok after that as long as he in hands off the butt right? I already seperated the towel he used last night, and will bathe him alone tonight (he usually bathes with DD).

I'll take all the advice I can get!!

ETA: SHould bleach and hot water be enough to get it out of the prefolds? There may be one or 2 fitteds form yesterday before it got blistery. I hope they don't get wrecked I think I will turn up my water heater before I wash, just to make it extra hot.

Advertisement

Last edited by TeneikM; 07-29-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: ETA Bleach ?
TeneikM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Impetigo in Diaper area only? HELP!

Nobody has anything to add?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeneikM View Post
Anyone have this happen before? Did you have to do anything special (keep confined to a sheet, sterilize everything they touch, etc) if it is only under a diaper and was not touched by your DC? All the threads I found were in other areas and talked about sheets, etc, and it freaked me out a little. He is 20 months old and there is NO confining him whatsoever.

I think DS has this, he had some nasty poo that started a diaper rash ( he hardly gets them, and this just came on fast) It left red raised areas after the initial rash went away, so my initial thought was yeast. Started with some lotrimin, didn't help. This AM the bumps are yellow and look like blisters. I am going to bring him in tomorrow (cross your fingers that the navy clinic will squeeze him in ) but was wondering what I should do for today. As soon as I suspected yeast, I switched to prefolds so I could boil and bleach away.

What else should I be doing? During naptime I plan on scrubbing everything down *just in case* he happened to touch it, but I should be ok after that as long as he in hands off the butt right? I already seperated the towel he used last night, and will bathe him alone tonight (he usually bathes with DD).

I'll take all the advice I can get!!

ETA: SHould bleach and hot water be enough to get it out of the prefolds? There may be one or 2 fitteds form yesterday before it got blistery. I hope they don't get wrecked I think I will turn up my water heater before I wash, just to make it extra hot.
my dd has impetigo on her little butt right now too. get your ds in RIGHT AWAY! they put my dd on an oral antibiotic and a cream and it is already some better 2 days later. the doctor told me to leave her naked as often as possible or change her diaper very frequently to help it improve. other than that i am no help - i know that i am bathing my children separate until it is cleared up also and the doctor said as long as the ointment is on her bum she can go naked with no worries. HTH and good luck!
Old 07-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

also to wash it out of diapers i was told this:

cold rinse with vinegar - let soak for an hour before the rinse
hot wash with bleach and soap
cold rinse
cold rinse

HTH!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! I can't wait to be able to give him naked time, but can't right now because he's a boy and he can't keep his hands off it!

I will call in the AM!