Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #81
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

Just as a matter of feedback, I used the NB GMD for like a week and then I preferred the higher absorbency of the size smalls. I got DR unbleached for size smalls and they are great! They are soft and fluffy, just how I love them.

My baby seems like an average wetter. For mamas who are wondering "can I skip newborn size" I'd say yes. I really did not need them like I thought I would. Folding the smalls over and using my fitteds would be been fine for the first week until he unfolded enough to be able to use the smalls. If your baby grows slowly, and is 6lbs, I can see needing NB size, but otherwise not so much.

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #82
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
I had the orange organics for my baby when he was fresh out of the oven, and they were so buttery soft.
Imagine smartfit organic orange edge xs on my 10 lb newborn

Imagine organic smart fit green edge size small (I think these were organic). Same baby, was about 12-15 lbs by then.

Same baby, around same size, in zabi lavender

Cut and pasted from my other thread, here are the unbleached imagine smart fit medium prefolds on my 9 month old DS, he is about 22 lbs and 90th% for height and weight.
trifolded in covers (m bummis sww, flip on mid-rise setting, thirsties sized m)

snappid on

pinned on

Great thread and pics!
I am going to have to size up to large prefolds sooner than I would like, so this is helpful stuff!
This is a GREAT thread.

I just picked up some sweet peas. I will have to measure them and note the measurements here !

Great shots by the way. I can tell you have a really nice camera! (MY OTHER passion is photography!)
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #83
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJoyful
Just as a matter of feedback, I used the NB GMD for like a week and then I preferred the higher absorbency of the size smalls. I got DR unbleached for size smalls and they are great! They are soft and fluffy, just how I love them.

My baby seems like an average wetter. For mamas who are wondering "can I skip newborn size" I'd say yes. I really did not need them like I thought I would. Folding the smalls over and using my fitteds would be been fine for the first week until he unfolded enough to be able to use the smalls. If your baby grows slowly, and is 6lbs, I can see needing NB size, but otherwise not so much.
So, do the DR smalls fit under NB covers? I could totally see using the xs as doublers later, but I already have some NB Bummis I used with my boys for that purpose!

My babies tend to need NB (sposie was what we used) for maybe a week or 2 only... Even though they were born with almost a 2lb weight difference...
Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #84
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depends on which NB coves you are using. If you are open to using NB Dappi or Bummis nylon pull ons, they fit fine. Plus those pull on covers are so great about letting the cord heal. DR smalls would not work with NB Bummis or similar, but maybe with a larger NB cover. Which ones are you planning on using?
Old 05-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #85
rachelanne820
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone have a pic of a newborn in a dappi pullon cover over a prefold?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #86
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not sure if this is Dappi or Bummis Super Whisper Pant NB, but here is a pic for you:

Old 05-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #87
rachelanne820
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJoyful View Post
Not sure if this is Dappi or Bummis Super Whisper Pant NB, but here is a pic for you:

Oh my goodness - that is SO adorable. Do clothes fit over it? Do the legs leave red marks?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #88
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, clothes fit great! It is super trim. They are poofy so the pic makes it look funny, but it squishes down to fit very nicely under clothes. Trimmest prefold option out there, I think. Well, a tri-folded Imagine XS under a super trim NB cover may be trimmer, but other than that, it is very trim.

The legs may not be super snug, but I have never gotten a leak out of either the Dappi or the Bummis. I have heard others say the same thing.

The only problem with nylon covers is that they are slippery. I use a lot of gowns on my newborns, and the nylon covers are slippery under the gown so I have to be more careful when holding my babies. I hope that makes sense, lol, I feel like that sounds kinda goofy, but if you try them you'll see what I mean. PUL tends to stay put against a cotton baby gown, but nylon will make the gown slip around when holding baby. Does that make sense? LOL.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #89
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnNjesse View Post
This is a GREAT thread.

I just picked up some sweet peas. I will have to measure them and note the measurements here !

Great shots by the way. I can tell you have a really nice camera! (MY OTHER passion is photography!)
I totally agree! Your pics are great! I love them! I wish I could get you over here to take some pics of my kids!
Old 05-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #90
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

This thread is awesome! I am subbing so I have this for future babies I have found the pf love! I used standard infant pfs when DD was a NB and did not like the fit so I took a break from pfs, but I have some organic yellow edge Imagines and I'm in Here's a medium Imagine on my 10 month 18 lb DD. She was playing for a while before I took the pic which is why it looks a little loose.

I love these pfs! (I think I'd love any sized pfs though)
Skybaby712 is offline   Reply With Quote