Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #51
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of May 7th

Slimy- I sure hope your husbands counts just keep improving. Are you planning to do another SA in another 3 months? I'm also curious about my husbands counts now that he has been done with chemo for almost 9 months. I can't elieve that much time has gone by already.

Jennifer- have you made any plans for the weekend yet? You need time to relax and get caught up on some rest

Sarah- Nice to see you How are you doing?

AFM: I had a trigger tonight (just a small one though...) it was here on DS and I saw the thread titled about phantom kicks- which made me think of baby kicks and pregnancy... it feels so far away! Our daughter is 5- today she said she wants a sister because she gets lonely- ah!!! How sad! Just about broke my heart- I always just say that we are working on it We seem to have timed things well this month- I think I am officially 2dpo- I only used ovulation strips though- no temping. I got my smile about 3 days ago- We used instead cups- again... (sigh) this is our last big effort before IVF.

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #52
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82
Susan, you have 4 follicles...for ivf? I thought they liked to have a lot more than that. Sorry to sound at all rude. lol! My doctor was saying he wanted to get 12 to 16 follicles for ivf with icsi. (We are wanting more than one baby as a result and are planning on doing FETs.)
On each side....
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #53
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Susan, you have 4 follicles...for ivf? I thought they liked to have a lot more than that. Sorry to sound at all rude. lol! My doctor was saying he wanted to get 12 to 16 follicles for ivf with icsi. (We are wanting more than one baby as a result and are planning on doing FETs.)
The first one I did we ended up retrieving 26 eggs....it's all good 😊
Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #54
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
The first one I did we ended up retrieving 26 eggs....it's all good 😊
Wow that is awesome Susan!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #55
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Wow that is awesome Susan!
Thanks! Honestly, I'm not sure that I want that many this time. For starters, I got OHSS and was miserable. Also, we really don't want to have that many frozen embryos. We actually only want one more child but will be happy with whatever God gives us. I'm really thinking I could adopt the rest of the of the frozen embryos out using a Christian Adoption place I found and have researched but DH is not sure about that......
Old 05-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #56
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

What is OHSS? So when you got the 26 eggs the other time, did you end up freezing embroyos?

We told our doctor that we were wanting 5 kids max and would be fine if we only had one more to make a total of 2 kids. So with that in mind, he won't be going heavy on the meds because we would actually GREATLY prefer to not have more than one extra round of embroyos frozen. I am not sure I could actually go through with an embroyo adoption.....I want all my babies. lol!
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #57
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Love4Leon..our daughter is only 2 years old and I already feel like how you are feeling. I would love for her to be a big sister. If IVF works for us first try (praying!!!), she will have just turned 3 by the time we have the baby/babies.

I used to feel phantom kicks ALL the time but it was only for a few months...but I for sure wasn't pregnant so don't know what that was all about.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #58
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Thanks! Honestly, I'm not sure that I want that many this time. For starters, I got OHSS and was miserable. Also, we really don't want to have that many frozen embryos. We actually only want one more child but will be happy with whatever God gives us. I'm really thinking I could adopt the rest of the of the frozen embryos out using a Christian Adoption place I found and have researched but DH is not sure about that......
I feel the same- and was considering mini IVF for that reason, but we would probably need the frozen embryos because I'm doubtful we will get pregnant the first time and I'm not sure we will be able to afford another fresh cycle. I would like to think that I'd be able to adopt them out also.Though, I can see how difficult that decision would be.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #59
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
What is OHSS? So when you got the 26 eggs the other time, did you end up freezing embroyos?

We told our doctor that we were wanting 5 kids max and would be fine if we only had one more to make a total of 2 kids. So with that in mind, he won't be going heavy on the meds because we would actually GREATLY prefer to not have more than one extra round of embroyos frozen. I am not sure I could actually go through with an embroyo adoption.....I want all my babies. lol!
Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome....it can be awful! Yes, we had a ton frozen! Out of our 26 we got: our 7 year old twins, our 5 year old, 2 miscarriages, a stillbirth and a bunch that didn't work....

That was actually our 2nd fresh cycle. We had done one prior to that the we got 15 eggs out of, got pregnant, miscarried and none could be frozen....
Old 05-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #60
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Slimy- I sure hope your husbands counts just keep improving. Are you planning to do another SA in another 3 months? I'm also curious about my husbands counts now that he has been done with chemo for almost 9 months. I can't elieve that much time has gone by already.

Jennifer- have you made any plans for the weekend yet? You need time to relax and get caught up on some rest

Sarah- Nice to see you How are you doing?

AFM: I had a trigger tonight (just a small one though...) it was here on DS and I saw the thread titled about phantom kicks- which made me think of baby kicks and pregnancy... it feels so far away! Our daughter is 5- today she said she wants a sister because she gets lonely- ah!!! How sad! Just about broke my heart- I always just say that we are working on it We seem to have timed things well this month- I think I am officially 2dpo- I only used ovulation strips though- no temping. I got my smile about 3 days ago- We used instead cups- again... (sigh) this is our last big effort before IVF.

We don't know if we'll do another one in 3 months. If I'm still not pregnant than I think we will, because if it still hasn't come up then we will have no choice but to move on to another procedure.

And here I thought my kid was the only one begging for a sibling. He prays constantly to please have a little sister. He actually asked me one day if he did something wrong and if that was why he had to be alone when all his cousins have siblings. Just broke my heart. He's four, and constantly asks when it's going to happen even though we are super careful to never talk about it around him. He never knew I was pregnant with our last loss. It was so hard to not mention a word about it during waking hours. Funny story time though, one day we were going up to babies r us to get some thing for him (can't remember what) and he got SUPER excited. Like jumping up and down excited and ran to start cleaning his room. I asked what he was doing and he said my sister is coming home today. HUH? Ya, he says, we go to babies r us and we pick up a baby. I know just the one I want. It was the cutest thing ever, he was just crushed when we explained to him that they sold baby stuff not actual babies. He thought it was like grocery shopping and we could just pick one up while we were out. I could have sworn we had the baby in tummy talk when my SIL was pregnant with her twins, and again with every single one of his cousins, but it didn't stick.

Quote:
Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome....it can be awful! Yes, we had a ton frozen! Out of our 26 we got: our 7 year old twins, our 5 year old, 2 miscarriages, a stillbirth and a bunch that didn't work....

That was actually our 2nd fresh cycle. We had done one prior to that the we got 15 eggs out of, got pregnant, miscarried and none could be frozen....
I can't even imagine going through all of that. You are one tough lady.

My temps are all over the place again so far this month. Really hoping I O. I hate having to take clomid and still not Oing.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote