Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #21
Sweetmama26
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: When is everyone calling their OB/midwife?

I called Monday, my doc put me in yesterday, had to reschedule for today, I'm assuming that they will follow me as closely as they can because the lil girl I lost in January had Tri 18, even though I'd like very little medical intervention

Advertisement

Sweetmama26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #22
KrispiKreme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't even called yet. I really need to but I'm being a chicken. I'm not ready to tell anyone IRL yet, even my doctors. You guys need to keep me accountable because I totally need to.
Kristen- tattooed, pierced, athiest, semi crunchy, wannabe thrifty, ,, SAHM to Parker- my crazy squealing, hair pulling, no sleeping ball of energy who has been driving me crazy since 7/18/10 and my sweet chubby newbie Zachary who was an apocalypse baby (12/21/12)
KrispiKreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm not 100% sure of the dr I'm choosing but I'm definitely going with a different OB than the one I had with dd. I plan on calling tomorrow. I soooo wish I had a midwife (would prefer hospital birth with CNM) but there aren't any here

Last edited by tmwmommy; 05-09-2012 at 10:06 AM.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #24
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've got a consultation with a local midwife on Monday, and another on Tuesday the 22nd with a different local midwife. I'm leaning towards the one we see on Monday though, they are tiny bit closer and in the city where we do the bulk of our grocery shopping, so it'd be kind of convenient in that regard. I also kind of had more of a connection with her than the other one, but we'll see what it's like in person! I'm feeling very sad about not using the midwives we had with DD, but 2 hours (one way) is a long way to drive for appointments and DH wouldn't be able to go with me since their appointment times are more rigid, so it's for the best, but I'm still sad about it.
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #25
Lisa_m
Registered Users
seller

I met with my midwife yesterday since I had my annual exam scheduled. I took a home test in the morning and it was positive. She said I should schedule my OB#1 visit for early June. I'm not sure if I'm going to stay with the practice. WHile I love my doctor, they moved their office since my first was born and now they are linked with this dr. group I don't care for. I'm considering the free standing birth center that is 5 min away from my house or going with a doc from the other hospital, where I can labor in a tub.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #26
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't called yet. Putting it off until 8-12 weeks. Probably at at least 10 weeks... I'm just chicken. I'm doing what I need to do, taking my prenatals - just want to wait until a little later to get really excited about it. First appointment during the first pregnancy everything looked good - saw the heartbeat - just to have a missed miscarriage and not find out until our 12 weeks appointment. So this time just being cautious and waiting a few weeks.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #27
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

I started calling yesterday, but was unable to find anyone who takes my insurance and who will let me VBAC. I will be making a few more calls today, and if I still can't find a doctor I will have to get a referral to a perinatologist who does VBACs from the birth center I used with my other children.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #28
KrispiKreme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I called yesterday. I have an appt for the 29th
Kristen- tattooed, pierced, athiest, semi crunchy, wannabe thrifty, ,, SAHM to Parker- my crazy squealing, hair pulling, no sleeping ball of energy who has been driving me crazy since 7/18/10 and my sweet chubby newbie Zachary who was an apocalypse baby (12/21/12)
KrispiKreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am wanting to go to a birthing center, and I don't think they do early ultrasounds. So I was just going to wait till 10 weeks or so. I don't see any point in going if I am not going to hear the heartbeat!
Old 05-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #30
Tiny Trousers
Registered Users
Formerly: Knits4Noah
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will wait a week or so and go have a confirmation test at a clinic nearby. They do a free ultrasound at 8 weeks, I am pretty sure. At that point I will call the midwife I am thinking of using. There are NO midwives and NO birthing centers within 2 hours of me... but I am planning to deliver at the closest one. My parents live about 30 minutes from that location - so I think I can stay with them when I start to feel labor coming on. Or maybe since it is January I will be snowed in and have a home birth

Tiny Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote