Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra
Love it. And really no matter what people get it wrong. Can't tell you how many weird ways I've heard Marjorie (me), and even DH (Jon) is always correcting spelling (no h).

I'm guessing Or-ail-ya or Or-ell-ya?
You are probably right people aren't always good with names no matter how basic. I just spent my life correcting spelling and it drove me nuts! I think I would pronounce it the first way you did but the second wouldnt bother me at all. We would probably nickname her Ellie so that will probably help the everyday occurrences of a problem.
I'm glad so many others like it! Now to convince DH. He's still deciding how he feels about it...

Advertisement

Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
psylion
Registered Users
seller

It's a pretty name but she will definitely be correcting people her whole life. People are complete idiots unless the name is Mike or Jennifer. My name is Alanna and people never get it right. On the dirt day of school the teacher would always be calling out names, then frown and pause like it was impossible to say or something. I would just say here when I saw the frown and the pause. Don't even get me tarted on the misspelling. People always want to spell it Allana it drives me absolutely round the bend.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: More name help...

I know an adult with the name, and nobody seems to have trouble with it-- she pronounces is "ah-rail-yah"
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMama View Post
I know an adult with the name, and nobody seems to have trouble with it-- she pronounces is "ah-rail-yah"
That's how I would have thought to pronounce it. I love the name - think it's absolutely beautiful. I have a name that I've had to correct pronunciation on pretty much my whole life, and you really just get used to it. Not really a big deal. And worth it for a pretty name!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks ladies. I think I won't nix it just yet!
And you never know, I've had people have a tough time spelling my sons name... Bennett... I just can't even figure out another way to spell it!
I'm really loving Aurelia and now to hope for a little girl to give it too.
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMama
Ps I love the name Thatcher!! Does he have a nickname?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #17
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
Ps I love the name Thatcher!! Does he have a nickname?
Thanks! We usually call him Thatch, or T... or buddy, or brother.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #18
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMama
This is how I pronounce it as well, maybe with more of an ee-uh instead of just a yah. Aurelia is on our short list for future girls, I love it.

I agree that people will manage to spell and pronounce any name incorrectly no matter how simple or common.

Sent from my Galaxy Skyrocket using DS Forum