Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Switching to formula

I just finished weaning after 3 months and it didn't take too long. I didn't go cold turkey - I tried at first and got severely blocked ducts which my dr. was concerned was going to turn into mastitis. I pumped every 4 hrs for 5 minutes to start and then increased the time between pumping every day. It only took about a week and a half but was worth it to not have seriously sore boobs the whole time!!

katybrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Switching to formula

Originally Posted by luvof3boyz View Post
I will not go to the BF board they were not very nice to me when I said that I wanted to quit BF at 5 months so I could TTC. Thank you mamas.
I didn't see anyone who wasn't being nice in the BF support board. I'm sorry you felt offended. You asked if you should wean. People replied and they even said stuff like "only you know what is best for you" and "best wishes in whatever you choose", etc. I thought everyone was very polite and supportive, even if their opinion was maybe different from what you ended up deciding to do.

I hope everything works out well for you. Cabbage is a great way to help ease engorgement and swelling. Best wishes, Mama.
Wife to my sweetheart and SAHM to my little lovey, Colin (12/10) my little family
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote