Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #11
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Middle name?

Another vote for Ainsley Rose, Mama. Its beautiful!!! I understand the passing down of your own middle name thing. If this baby is a girl, she will have my middle name for her middle name. It was my husband's idea and he really wanted to do it. I was kinda surprised by the suggestion. It never occured to me to consider it. I said I thought it might be weird but he said I didn't think it weird when we passed on his middle name to our first son for his middle name. Correct....I loved that. And I love now that Logan has pride in being named for his Daddy. Its so sweet. I never really related to my middle name b/c in my family, we never used them. But in our family, we whole name the kids ALL THE TIME, so middle names are important. And I realized it wasn't really about what I felt about the name, its what SHE will think. SHE will love sharing a name with Mama. It will be special for HER. It will give her something to pass down if she wants. And that gives my name a whole new meaning for myself. And now I can't wait to pass it on to her.........if its a girl. I say go for it. Its beautiful and Ainsley will love the connection to you.

Advertisement

zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks mamas! You may have sold me on using Ainsley Rose! I guess it's not so bad reusing a middle name. I'd never name my kids after either mine or DHs first names though! My dad and oldest brother are both named Leif, and I always hated growing up when someone would call and ask for Leif, or if a letter came in the mail. You never knew which one it was for!