Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
jesslfar
Registered Users
seller

Re: Once you start feeling actual kicks....

This is baby 2 for me. I am just under 20 weeks. For the last week or so they have been all day and very clear kicks. There have only been around 2 or 3 that could be felt outside and DH missed them both. I am not seeing movement from the outside yet either. With DD I did not feel her and know it was her moving until 21 weeks, with this one it was 15 where I knew it was her, 12 where I suspected it was her. I don't think DH felt a kick until 25 or so weeks and I don't remember seeing her from the outside until the 3rd trimester.

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
It depends on how thin you are. I felt external kicks around 18 weeks
Me too, but I'm not thin. I'm a healthy weight, but I definitely have some extra padding in my mommy-tummy area.

I feel very early movement-- this time right before 12 weeks. It became definite hard "bumps" by 16 weeks, and I (and my mom and oldest daughter) felt baby kick pretty hard from the outside at 18.5 weeks a couple of days ago. I even saw my belly jump.
I think I have the opposite of a retroverted uterus though-- if that's even possible. Mine seems to tilt out a lot, so I show early and feel lots of movement earlier than most people, even with my first baby.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
travelingpea
Registered Users

I'm a FTM and I felt flutters starting around 16 weeks, maybe earlier but I'm not sure. My husband could feel movement from the outside just before 18 weeks, which I believe is early.
travelingpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

#3 for me, and at 33 weeks DH and the kids STILL haven't felt this one move. When she does kick hard it's always into my bladder. I think this one is more of a lover then a fighter.
Pharmacist, wife to a nerdy chemist, and proud mama to Leta (12/2006), Derek (4/2009) and Viola (7/2012). Now if only I could figure out a way to quit my job and still pay my student loans all would be well with the world.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i've always felt like kicking is something that happens kind of late for me. not sure why. i'm not super thin, but not necessarily overweight. i didn't feel anything i could definitively say was a kick with ds (1st baby) until 21-22 weeks. it was probably 24-25, maybe even 26 weeks (hard to remember now) before dh could feel anything and definitely 26 or more before they got regular for me.

this baby, i felt the kicking much, much earlier. i could have sworn i felt something that was definitely a baby kick at 10 weeks, but that's so early that i really doubt myself on it. i didn't feel anything again until more like 15 weeks. but dh didn't feel it and they didn't become regular until around the same time as with ds. i would have though since i felt it earlier, they would become noticeable and regular earlier, but i guess not. probably i just knew more what to feel for, so i got the early flutters this time, but baby still develops at the same rate in terms of strength/frequency of kicks.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote