View Poll Results: Did stripping your membranes induce your labor?
Yes within 24 hours 21 38.18%
Yes within 3 days 9 16.36%
Not at all 17 30.91%
yes, but was done more then once 3 5.45%
other 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stripping Membranes

I was 41 weeks and 2 days when I had it done. I went into labor within 12 hours, baby was born 11 hours after that. Stripping was my last option before induction at 42 weeks. Just remember that the most important factor is your baby's readiness. My boy was under 7 pounds despite being "late." He needed that extra cooking time.

Advertisement

Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #22
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I didnt have kate until a week after my membranes were stripped. I did get a couple contractions but they fizzled out after about 2 hours.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #23
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

ETA: I was 41 weeks when they were stripped.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #24
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i put other because truthfully, i just don't know. with ds, i was just a few days shy of 40 weeks, but was trying to go into labor so that my family could be there (dh was out of the country, i had no one else and i didn't want to be alone). my membranes were stripped 3 times, 3 days in a row. barely a contraction afterwards, just a lot of cramping. on the evening of the third day, i finally went into labor. but i dunno, we were doing a LOT to try and get things moving, we tried EVERY trick in the book, no matter how out there (except sex, which wasn't an option due to no dh. the midwife was sad about that, she thought that would have got things moving for sure) was it the membrane stripping? the fact that i'd been doing a lot of walking? the eggplant parmesan i had for lunch? the pedicure with the foot massage that was supposed to hit some pressure points? the blue and black cohosh (i lean more towards this)? hard to tell....but something, or the combination of things worked. i think, it's one of those things that, unless your body is pretty much ready to go into labor anyways, it won't really do much to hurry things along. but, if you ARE ready, then it can certainly help "push you over the edge"
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote