Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
NorahsMom
Registered Users
seller

Ideas for outings with little ones

I am terrible about getting my kids out and about. Everything just flows so much more smoothly when we stay home. They play outside and i keep my house under control. But I feel kinda bad about it. So I'm thinking of scheduling one outing a week (if I don't schedule it, it won't happen). All I can think of is park, zoo, swimming. Any other ideas?

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Children's museum
Play place at mall
Library program
Visiting friends or family
Cave
Pet store to look at fish
McDonald's play place
Walks around neighborhood
Bowling

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by OneDayAtATime; 05-17-2012 at 10:24 AM.
OneDayAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ideas for outings with little ones

Just go to a different park by u different days. We go to one & different people come there that my kids play with. They just go & ask to play. A good way to meet people. Our play area lots come to but we could go to other afreas too & meet others....rock on with ideas to mommy2issac&noah......good ideas.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
NorahsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Noah&Isaac
Children's museum
Play place at mall
Library program
Visiting friends or family
Cave
Pet store to look at fish
McDonald's play place
Walks around neighborhood
Bowling

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Oh, yeah! The pet store is definitely a favorite. And we go for lots of walks in our woods (we have gorgeous walking trails), but it would be fun to get out and go for a hike. Good ideas!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ideas for outings with little ones

we love going to the library! most have a children's section with toys, puzzles, etc. ds LOVES it and begs me to go. meanwhile, i can pick out some new books to read to him at home, and i usually let him get 1 movie too. bonus if you find a story time to go to that works for you. our new library also has things like "parent/child craft time" and that sort of thing. our old one didn't though, so that depends on your library.

we also have an awesome nature center in town, which i took ds to once and he spent a couple hours there, even though it was winter and we couldn't walk the trails. they had all sorts of cool stuff. there's probably a ton of random things/activities like this through your park district (if you have one). they're great for kids, and a lot of them are free!
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote