Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Loose teeth?

Can some one help me figure out why my daughter freaks out when she has a loose tooth? I realized today that she had another loose tooth while I was helping her brush her teeth. After we were done I was trying to get a good look at it and she freaked out screaming and crying. I swear if I had close neighbors they would have thought that i was murdering her. All I was trying to do was LOOK at it not pull it or anything. I feel bad that she is so scared

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nak so this will be short.
I am/was/ always will be scared of teeth things. I'm not scared of the dentist but loose teeth gross me out! I used to let loose teeth practically rot in my mouth b/c I was too scared to touch them.
to your DD! I know how scared she is (if that's the problem).

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh thats sad Dd1 always gets so excited-but try to touch it and que the drama. She was nervous the 1st 2ish teeth but I just kept reminding her it was the adult tooth telling the baby to scoot out the way. Always being silly about it ajd that helped. Hope you can comfort her somehow

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Loose teeth?

My oldest was kinda nervous & still squirmy about teeth falling out. My youngest is getting baby teeth while oldest is getting adult teeth.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

My son is scared of possible pain. He will have a loose tooth forever before DH will hold him down and pull it out. He got mad at me because I told the dentist to pull his tooth when we went for a cleaning -- it had been so lose it was sticking out sideways for at least two months.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
mom2cse
Registered Users
seller

We're in the same boat. As long as she is eating and drinking fine we just let it go. We did have to pull two for her when she refused to eat or drink for over a day becaue it felt funny. She has one that's been loose for a few months and is barely hanging in. We just make sure she let us clean the teeth around it and let it go. Goog luck, the screaming is so hard on everyone.
mom2cse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I remember freaking out about my own loose teeth. Afraid of the pain a bit, I guess, but it really wasn't rational. I knew that even back then.
I am afraid of snakes. I am also afraid of loose teeth. It just IS.

I am SOOOO not looking forward to having to deal with my own kid's loose teeth!! I have already told DH that he is going to have to take over on that one.