Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #21
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/o what are your 'dealbreakers'

My deal breakers---

Smoking. Ever. I can't stand the smell, and DFS is asthmatic.

Drinking more than a glass of wine while you are supervising my child.

Firearms not in safes.

Allowed to play in the front yard without an adult physically outside (ok with kids playing in a fenced backyard without an adult).

Violent video games

Criminals/sex offenders/DUI offenders (if you were irresponsible enough to drink and drive, you are not responsible enough to supervise my child).

Watching trashy TV around my kid--no Jerry, Maury, or the like while my kids are there please.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 05-17-2012 at 09:42 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #22
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
My deal breakers---

Smoking. Ever. I can't stand the smell, and DFS is asthmatic.

Drinking more than a glass of wine while you are supervising my child.

Firearms not in safes.

Allowed to play in the front yard without an adult physically outside (ok with kids playing in a fenced backyard without an adult).

Violent video games

Criminals/sex offenders/DUI offenders (if you were irresponsible enough to drink and drive, you are not responsible enough to supervise my child).

Watching trashy TV around my kid--no Jerry, Maury, or the like while my kids are there please.
You bring up a lot of good points. This was a tough question and maybe I have more things that I never really thought of. So far my 9 year old DD has had sleep overs at 2 friends houses who are outside of our inner circle One is her BFF from school and we have gotten to know the parents well and love them. Awesome family and I'm totally comfortable with her being there any time. The other she went for a sleep over and then one other time and probably not again. The parents are young-ish and seem to be a bit more skid-ish than I am really comfortable with. Otherwise sleepovers have only been at their friends where the parents are in our inner circle of friends. Same goes for after school play dates. We are super busy after school so they don't generally happen but with the exception of DDs BFF I'm just not comfortable with her going where I don't know the parents well.

ODS hasn't gone one any sleepovers or playdates outside of our inner circle and YDS is still too young.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #23
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/o what are your 'dealbreakers'

Wow, I never thought I would be labeled a frequent drinker, but I guess i am LOL! I never have more than one glass of wine or half a beer, though. And that happens only less than once a month. So while i would never want my son around any drunk people (even if it is the one and only time they drank all year....to me it is the drunkenness, not the frequncy that bothers me), I'm ok with my kids being around responsible adults who drink casually and keep close watch of their alcohol. Definitely not ok with drinking and driving, and must always have one non-drinking adult to every 2 kids, if possible.

Drugs are a dealbreaker. Totally agree with racists, bigots, etc. People who yell a lot. Dogs that snap or bite. Generally irresponsible people...people with no common sense. No smoking indoors (really the only smoker I will allow is my father in law, and i even asked him not to touch my son, because of the tobacco). Guns that are accessible.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #24
sanddimarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Drug users are out. There's no need to be friends with people like that.
Smokers don't bother me. It's their life. I just won't go to their house if they smoke inside. And I would ask them to change clothes before coming to see me. Lol
I have a drink or two at night so that doesn't bother me.
Racist people wouldn't want to hang out with me anyways because I have a biracial child so no worries there.

Sanddi
Single mommy to my Sylasarus

sanddimarie is offline   Reply With Quote