Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Does you husband help school??

Right now we are just in the very basic beginning stages of preschooling my daughter. In the fall we'll start "for real" but my dh and I have been talking about homeschooling a lot and how we want to do it. Currently we plan to homeschool all of our children for their schooling career through highschool.

We decided we'd obviously talk about lessons, he trusts me to choose good curriculum and design good lesson plans and whatnot, but I still want him to look them over incase I missed something or could do something better. PLus he always has good insight :-)

When the kids are old enough, he is going to be in charge of the things he does best - teaching them how to work with tools and do repairs, car maintenance and how to drive, outdoorsy stuff, gun safety/shooting/hunting, boating/fishing. Granted, you'd never find any of this stuff in a typical school hwoever we feel homeschooling is really "lifeschooling" and because we will have more time with our kids and be in charge of their schooling, we want real life stuff to be taught to them every day. For example, homekeeping and homesteading are going to be taught to our kids also (and already have been from the first time they wanted to help me with something) - not only from learning to help mommy, but even if there is something we don't normally do, we'll do it so the kids learn about it and experience it. Maybe we'll try beekeeping for the experience and learn about bees and making honey and all of that, yanno (then get hooked and decide we want to continue doing it. lol)

So essentially, my husband will be in charge of th "boy" stuff, but all of our kids, even the girls, will be taking part. My husband is great at history and sciency-things so he'll probably help a lot but I don't expect him to take on a large portion of homeschooling because he works out of the home so I can be home with the kids.

Sarah in MI MI Birth & Baby Resource
The Cloth Diapering Handbook (print & e-book), Diapering Curriculum, Frugal Cloth Diapering, Handouts & Related Publications.
Help Meet & mom to 3, soon to be 4 blessings. Bible Believing, Homeschooling & Homesteading the best we can!Blog
StormySar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:20 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

My DH is our math guru. He'll discuss history and science with them over dinner, but English is MY territory. Shoot, I used to edit DH's papers when we were in high school, so he KNOWS not to step into my territory, or else he gets his grammar corrected! LOL
Kris~~crazy (retired)Army wife to Pete since 9/89 part-time blogging and full-time homeschooling Mom to:
Jon 21 (my other soldier boy and married! ), Kelsey 19(married to a soldier and expecting my first grandbaby!!! IT'S A BOY!), Morgan 8, Jamie 7, Danica 5, Shelby 3, and Kasey 2
CamoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #13
Registered Users

dh works 60+ hours in a week, but we do a family field trip at least 1 time a month and he does science experiments and builds paramids ans stuff with dd on weekends. dh also does our Bible time every night
Starting weight - 280 lbs
Current weight - 271 lbs
Goal weight - 160 lbs
120***110****100****90****80****70****60*** *50****40****30****20****10****pounds to go!
sjscnjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Whenever he can!

But he does usually work 50+hrs/week, so that makes it tough.
~Megan~ On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.
Wife to 1 "People want the truth but never want the scars.." Emery
Mama to.. too many to list!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote